Diamond Bass Comp Jr

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fun Size Nick, Jan 31, 2018.

1. For demonstrative purposes, here's the Diamond Compressor and Diamond Comp Jr (both for guitar), courtesy of Best Guitar Effects:

Diamond-Compressor-Comp-Jr-Review-Best-Optical-Compression-Pedals-02.jpg

SMD/SMT gives enough room for a battery.

You can say "Yeah well the big version isn't all that much bigger...", but I'd be willing to give up my current Bass Comp for one of the new ones for the ...

SPACE SAVING TOP-MOUNT JACKS!

Yeah, not much bigger 'til you factor in the extra space per side for jackage. As you can see from the gutshots, the older larger comps should never have been issued with side-jacks.

Diamond is getting with the times.

Let the side-jack paradigm die a dignified death, it's time to move on.

2. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Just a note that I think that you can see a battery just above the top of the big one - it looks like it normally sits underneath the pots in the space where top jacks would go. I haven’t taken my CPR-1 apart to check for myself as I use an external power supply.

Jim C likes this.
  3. cavemanbass

cavemanbass

Nov 5, 2010
    it's not just the size - center negative / 9v power is important for us one-spot devotees! I've never got around to trying the Diamond for that reason, might have to give the baby spin.

Anyone know if it will have an LED to show under / over threshold?

4. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It looks like it does on the first page photo. It's got a small light. I would imagine it would be a dual purpose LED indicator.

5. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Any word on release date?

6. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    April.

7. Attym

Attym

Apr 3, 2015
    It will be interesting to see how they compare, they look like very different builds. I just got a full size BCP but I don't play with a large pedal board. 4 would be the max and its usually 2

8. 96Brigadier

96Brigadier Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Canada
    Any word on these?

arca_tern likes this.
  9. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Nope, not that I've heard. Prymaxe hasn't gotten back to me yet about when they will be in stock and Diamond seems to have a terrible grasp on promotion and communication.

10. symbolic_acts

symbolic_acts

May 24, 2004
    bump
    I want to give them my money what is taking so long

IngloriousOz likes this.
  11. Asked them on FB yesterday. Said all the circuitboard has come in but waiting for a couple more bits.

scubaduba and Fun Size Nick like this.
  12. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Hmm... So probably not shipping in May like I was originally told.

Marikk and arca_tern like this.
  13. Blunder

Blunder

Feb 21, 2015
    Fort McMurray, AB
  14. symbolic_acts

symbolic_acts

May 24, 2004
    this is just about the only pedal i care about acquiring right now. What is the deal :(

15. Attym

Attym

Apr 3, 2015
    I actually only have 3 pedals on my board and have too much empty space... so I love the size of the original Diamond!

16. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Must be using the GK marketing program...

SteveFromBerlin and scubaduba like this.
  17. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
  18. SteveFromBerlin

SteveFromBerlin

Jan 3, 2008
    Berlin
    Still no news here?

Was just going to send them an email and ask for a smaller version, then I found this on their site! I know you can't please everybody, but I wish they would have incorporated a clean blend feature...

I'm still going to buy this one. All the demos I've heard of the big one sounded killer and I really don't care for transparency, haha.

19. I just got mine, I live in Italy. I guess it's available pretty much anywhere at this point.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021