1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Diamond Bass Guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5teven5trummer, Dec 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hi guys. Trying this again .... had no response. Can anyone help me with this bass? It must be over 20+ years. I'm aware its an old starter bass. But i cant find anything about them. Maybe Aria spin off?

Attached Files:

2. When I was in my high school band back in the mid 70s, I played a Diamond bass (it belonged to the school). It was semi-acoustic, had 2 pickups, I think it had F holes, and a mute device at the bridge. My memory is a bit foggy but I think it had a fake diamond on the headstock. It`s the only Diamond bass I`ve ever come across. I remember seeing a list of brand names of instruments that were produced in Japan and it may be on there. If I can find it I`ll post it.

3. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    All I can determine is that the marque was used for U.S. imports by the Diamond Accordion Company, which had roots in Italy. The neck plate, with the legend "Steel Adjustable Neck", would suggest it's a Matsumoku product, like most of the Aria, Aria Diamond and DIA basses. However, those Van Ghent-type tuners, IMO, point to the Aria subsidiary in Canton, around 1970 or so. The pickups, too (missing covers), look dissimilar to those used by the Japanese plant. Even though it says "Made In Japan" they might just have used the stock plates.

Here's a later Diamond headstock, probably mid-70s:

4821994diamond_hs.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018