1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Diamond cpr 1 buzz on pickup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pierre Audy, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Hey
    1st. I have a Sire V7 and a Fender Rumble 40. And my cable bass-amp or 6" patch Ars fender custom ( black/white stripe)

2nd. I just bought a diamond compressor (Cpr1) and i tried it (bass, cpr1 and amp) and it worked.

I install it on my pedal board which has:
    Polytune mini, (new) diamond cpr1, mxr distortion badass 78 and a Big Bass Muff.
    Right to left.

I'm power with a 9v adapter (1700ma) with a 5way daisy chain. Each pedal have one and i double it (y) for the cpr1.

Well , my sound is good when my pickup selector is on both pickup. If i go toward the bridge or neck, i hear a buzz (unplayable).

I heard about having a different adapter for the cpr1, but i looked and all my pedals are center negative.

So, i will try with only 9v ( from the adapter) and maybe buy a seperate 18v adapter.

Does anybody had that issue before.

Thankx

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017