1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Diamond Engagement Ring (5/8 CT from Zales)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by HiFi, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Now that I'm finally a supporting member, I figured I'd give this a shot:

I'm selling a diamond engagement ring purchased from Zales in January of 2005. The ring is in new condition, I just never really got around to selling it after plans fell through. I have held onto it until now because I was unsure of where to sell it, and I suppose had left the door of hope open.

Anyway, enough of that; here's the details:

-5/8CT Solitaire Round Diamond
    -14K White Gold Band
    -Paid over $1,200
    -Currently a size 5, but can easily be re-sized (free under the warranty, I believe)
    -The ring is simple, yet elegant.
    -The ring is still under the two-year extended warranty, which can be renewed.
    -Includes all original paperwork

I'm asking $680. Will consider other, reasonable offers, and would also consider gear trades (or trades + cash). Just ask.

I can also provide pics to serious parties. Just PM me an email address so I know where to send those pics.

By the way, I have dealt with several members on TB in the past, and have always had a good experience so if references are needed, I can fig some up.

Thanks.

2. BStringJerry

BStringJerry

Aug 5, 2005
    Texas
    This is none of my business - but have you tried to sell it back to Zales? I came into the same set of circumstances back in Jan '99. I sold the ring back to the place I bought it from - they gave me 75% of my cost. I used the money to buy a 1982 set of Gretsch drums, and that beats the hell out of a wife. I had one wife - I'll take the drums any day!

3. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    PM headed your way.

4. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    What's the grade of diamond?

5. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Bump. Need to move this as things are becoming very tight so if you have an idea or offer, let me know.

6. TheBrad

TheBrad Baby step bassist - 90% n00b

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Do you know any other options for getting rid of jewelry? Do jewelers sell on consignment?
    I am just curious because my mom wants to sell her engagement ring and it's a really expensive one and I just don't think she'll get what she's expecting out of it by listing it on ebay.

7. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    I don't really know much. I was told that I should try to sell it back to Zales, which I haven't got around to doing, but I will shortly.

Ebay was the only other thing I could think of.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If it's a D color flawless, I'll take it.

9. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I've got my diamonds degree and have to say that you really need to list the color and clarity ratings (at least) in order to move it. Just trying to help.:)
    Too bad things didn't work out.

10. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Yep, I'm sure you're right. That's what I've been trying to track down. I want to make sure I post accurate information so I'm trying to verify color and clarity. The color is quite beautiful and clear. I think that the color is one of the strongest aspects of the diamond. Quality is more than likely VSI or SI, but again, I want to be sure. I haven't had any real interest so I haven't gotten around to getting photos, but I assume that would also help me.

Thanks for the sentiment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.