1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Diary of a Mad bass collector #55 Classic 50s Precision (and friends)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rat Blitz, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Rat Blitz

Rat Blitz

Jan 6, 2009
    The Classic 50s Precision has been on my wish list for a while. I've usually preferred the MIJ Fenders but I'm quite aware that the Mexican plant can pump out a pretty good instrument. And I really think this is one of them.
    This example was in great shape and only going for $350 CDN and I usually see them not going for anything less than $600 (Canadian dollar may be close to US but we still pay WAY more for musical gear and cars etc.)
    Great feeling MAPLE neck and growly like a real Precision should be.
    White's not my favorite colour by any means but it's better than black. I would be more than happy to have 55 bursts.
    Just had to get most of the whites together in a group shot. And I guess to be honest Polar white is pretty unappealing to me but a honey blonde or aged Olympic white is not that hard on the eyes,
    I'm still trying to hit 60 (a nice round number and about 59 1/2 more basses than I need) but contract situation is getting bleak and if I don't get there in next couple months it will never happen.
    And not a five-string in the bunch.
    All fours (except for one eight-string ..although there are two fretless in the mix).