Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Diaz Bass amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Slapdash, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Slapdash

Slapdash

Apr 29, 2003
    Hi all. I bought a 50watt Diaz bass amp for practise purposes. I bought it second hand for quite a good price an this thing sounds EXELLENT and for for a 50Watt more than Exellent. It' kicks my friends 80Watt Huges and Ketner's butt. By loudness alone not to mention clearness.
    It's got a EQ and I can get almost any sound I want. THe thing is I can't find any info on the web for it. For Ceasar Diaz guitar amps yes but not for this one. It's a DIAZ SM50B. Does anyone know it? or anything about Diaz Bass amps at all? :confused:

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Let me know if you ever decide to part with that amp. Cesar was an good friend and I never got a chance to check out his bass amps. He adjusted my old B-15 and had it sounding amazing. He used to live in Bethesda and I played in a band with him for a short period of time way back when... a really nice guy. He's gone now and I have no idea what's up with his company.

3. Slapdash

Slapdash

Apr 29, 2003
    Well, I live in South Africa. No Idea how it got here but I think by what you're saying is that I'm a very lucky guy picking this amp up. I bought it for roughly $120. I thought I will have to buy another amp for giging, ( When I tested it I only turned it up 1/4 of the way it sounded good. When we got to practise this thing at a tad over 1/2 way was kicking butt. I don't think I'll need to buy another amp for gig's. It's got a 8 ohm speaker out aswell. the people are going to laugh at me when I bring her in until I crank it up. ;) Could you tell me more about him and his company? THanks for your help.

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Cesar was a very good guitar player who also repaired and serviced tube gear. He tech'd for several big name artists including Bob Dylan and eventually introduced his own line of amps which AFAIK did very well.

http://www.analogman.com/cesar.htm

He really was a very nice guy. He died last Spring.

Does your amp have tubes? Have any pics of it, I've never seen one of his bass amps?

Thanks.