Did a 90s video about pregnant women avoiding kitty litter because of toxoplasmosis rip off Jaco?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gorn, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Redlettermedia is a youtube channel with these guys that do movie reviews. On one show called Best of the Worst, they watch and talk about all kinds of random videos and one of them was for pregnant women with a female rap group doing various pregnancy related songs.

At 29:48 and 30:06 the song in question plays.

design and 4SG like this.
  2. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

What a bunch of insufferable dorks, they should cut to the chase and savage the media of today that’s considered acceptable but will be cringingly dated or bad in ten years, just to see how smart they really are. Do they think their concept is original? Oh, so that bassline, right…“Come One Come Over”; yeah, call the lawyers. But then, where did Jaco get that riff from?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I’m a big fan of theirs. They also talk about modern shows and movies. I think their goal is to be comedic, not show how smart they are. But that wasn’t really my point.

I tried finding the video on its own but couldn’t. I was just very surprised when I heard Come On Come Over in a song about toxoplasmosis and pregnant women.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    4SG and jmattbassplaya like this.
  4. Gsnorgathon

Gsnorgathon

Jan 15, 2020
    Hm. A thread about what would be an appropriate soundtrack for a video about toxoplasmosis and pregnant women might be fun. Unfortunately(?) I can't think of any songs about catboxes right now. Wait... maybe "Bacteria" by Hide?

blastoff and design like this.
  5. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Same. I’ve been watching them for nearly a decade now. Great stuff.

Regarding originality - is there anything original about doing movie reviews?

Gorn likes this.
  6. Gluvhand

Gluvhand Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Rockland County, NY
    Of course they ripped off Jaco. Maybe not knowingly, but of course, because Jaco...

7. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

8. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Group "W" Bench
    How about some coffee, Johnny?

WillieB, dave64o, Rich Fiscus and 7 others like this.

9. No thanks.

10. mexicanyella

mexicanyella

Feb 16, 2015
    Troy, MO
    Awesome weird thread title

TNCreature and Obese Chess like this.
  11. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    actually sounds like the original recording, with the tape slowed down a bit

12. 4SG

4SG

Mar 6, 2014
    Yawning2.jpg

Winslow, Bob_Ross, J_Bass and 11 others like this.
  13. landrybass

landrybass

Oct 23, 2011
    Atlanta GA
    917A7DEB-CEBC-4878-8012-0F50BD5D9B99.gif

14. I love those guys. They vindicated my notion that Marvel movies aren't good. Yes, even the Winter Soldier. But they make billions worldwide so there is no end in sight.

Gorn likes this.
  15. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

It’s not so much that they’re doing movie reviews, but that their schtick is MST3000 meets America’s Funniest Home Videos meets a bad SNL skit meets some ESPN Monday morning quarterbacking minus any wit.

16. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Different strokes :)

Gorn likes this.
  17. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Jaco didn’t need a 90s video about pregnant women avoiding kitty litter because of toxoplasmosis ripping off Jaco!

18. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Really, what’s original about anything in tv or movies today. Marvel movies are literally comic books made into movies. Unoriginal. What’s good about them? The actors playing the characters that we like. (Or substitute whatever movie you like). Same deal with redlettermedia. So they’re reviewing movies and random vhs tapes. But the guys are characters that we like.

Besides, Rich Evans is a national treasure.

19. sxaxsx

sxaxsx

May 23, 2012
    Harrisburg PA
    Oh yeah, they are terrible, I mean some better than others, the first Iron Man and the first Ant Man were fun, but most were meh.

20. This is pure gold

rational baze likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 20, 2021