Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DID ANY ONE GO TO MILITARY SCHOOL

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jan 16, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I went to one did any one else , where did you guys go. Mine closed La Salle Military Academy in Long Island NY.

2. i've thought about going to one....my bro tried getting in the air force academy for a while but his grades werent good enough

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I used to be threatened with-
    "You're going to Military School"!

...as I sending my parents to the dreaded "Poor House".

;)

Seriously, we were raised in "military" fashion(dad was a Naval officer...Mustang variety, too).

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I went through officers' training at Medina Air Force Bass in San Antonio, TX, many years ago. That does not count as "military school", but it did give me a pretty good taste of what it must be like.

I never felt any desire to send either of my sons to military school, nor did they ever request to go.

5. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I went to Fork Union Military Academy in Virginia.

Where's the emoticon for wearing a straightjacket?

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I went to military school at Fort Sill, OK.

7. Agreed...I saw on TV, during the Air Force v.s. Notre Dame football game this year, a little blurb on the life of a student at the Air Force Academy. People who think they have no free time should check this out. :eek:

8. I am at the Royal Military College of Canada.

Geoff

9. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    i was thinking of going there in 2 years. what is it like there?

10. Jade,
    Fire me off an email with your questions and I will be glad to tell you. I would just rather not post all of it on an open internet site.

Cheers,
    Geoff

11. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I've got a good friend who just got accepted to the AirForce academy. I've heard that the AirForce Academy is the toughest school in the nation to get into. Something about only two people per state, per year?

12. No, USAFA takes in about 1000 students into each class each year (~4000 cadets). Maybe 20 per state, but you would have to consider how many apply. Still, no cakewalk for sure.

Geoff