Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Did anybody see the brazil - argentina game last night???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by adisu, Jun 30, 2005.

1. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    Brazil is definitely going to take the world cup (for the sixth time) next year in germany.

Anyway it seems like it's going to be a good world cup championship this time.

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Blasphemy. The English squad is as strong as ive seen it. People who were around then, say that the current squad is stronger than the '66 squad. The only thing that Brazil have over us is their 'charismatic' AM and S players. I think its going to be close. As an Enlgishman, i HAVE to believe we have a great chance :)

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Screw this, The Red Devils are going to take the cup!

Err...not! Man, words can not express the suckage level of the Belgian team.

Anyway, the Dutch team seems to be pretty strong, but they're Dutch, so nah :D

It's hard to say who will win. Germany will probably get into the quarter finals with a lot of luck and "Grundlichkeit" :D. So many teams that are joining, don't forget the South-American countries! I'd like to see an African team win the cup, Nigeria would be cool.

We'll see.

4. The World Cup has been cancelled until Scotland get a better team. 50 or 60 years should be enough :bawl:

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry, DrDrill. That was below the belt :(

6. I've just finished therapy over that one and now you've gone and ruined all the good work :D

7. adisu

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    Yap this could be cool and actually it's not that far from reality There are many african football players who play in the best leagues in europe ,and after greece have won the europe championship anything can happen.

At least this time it's gonna' be in Germany and the games will be played at a comfortable hours unlike what happened 4 years ago in Japan/korea..........

http://www.[malware url removed].com/smilies/jumping/jumping0044.gif

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i'm already salivating for germany next year!

...does it freak you guys out to see an american kid excited about the world cup? :bag:

-jimbo

9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    no, it's just weird.

I wonder how the American team will do :smug:

10. adisu

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    Really weird especially someone who intends to come all the way to Europe to see the games.

Good question Vorago , Did the American team climb to the world cup from their group early games???

11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    The only thing I know about the US team is that the Belgian team kicked their @ss in '94 and that they had this very cool player with long hair and a beard :D

With almost 300 million citizens, the US has definitely potential to become a big soccer country, but I wonder when :D

12. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    The US will finish their qualification with a win or Draw against Trinidad - Tobago on August 17, about half the way through their quaifying games. They and Mexico have distanced themselves from the rest of the field in qualifying. The only US blemish was a 2-1 loss at Mexico, at altitude. Pretty much the same Mexican team that made the Confed. Semi Final. I think the US will realisticlly be disappointed if they do not make it out of Group play in 2006. They certainly have the talent to make the final 8 again, depending on how everything sets up. Good fortune has as much to do with it as anything else at that point.

Somehow 'fortune' never seems to be involved with Brazil. They would have to disappointed with anything but a spot in the final.

Germany played well in this tournament, and that bodes well for them. Home teams do well in the WC.

I agree England have tremendous potential. But qualifying out of Europe is fraught with peril (see Holland, 2002) and a bad result or key injury can derail anyone. But like Brazil, when England plays, I'll be tuning in.

13. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    We pretty much walked right through qualification.

14. So did we...

...we just didn't play any football or win many games on the way :bawl:

15. adisu

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    We need to win against the Swiss team at Switzerland and then we have a Good chance to finish at first or second place and maybe go to the world cup championship ,a thing that Israel didn't do since the 70's.

Hard to believe but with a bit of luck it's possible.

:hyper:

16. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    "Walked" is right.

17. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I wouldn't say that England Are gonna win it.The individuals in the team are very strong but with all the changing in the squad they might not gel.Brazil are looking good though.

18. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

No, but it would freak me out to see a Scottish kid excited about the world cup! :eek:

19. O Brasil é o país do futuro e sempre será!

20. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I saw them play last month here vs. Columbia in a friendly. England looked like they weren't even trying and they still won. Got to meet Phil & Gary Neville & the keeper(forgot his name) and get autographs. My 9 yr old son is a great club player now, and tells me he's going to play for Man-U when he grows up. Tim Howard and Wayne Rooney are his idols. Anyway, if it can't be the US, I'm rooting for the UK or Germany. Argentina looked like they never got off the bus yesterday. Did you see the Germany Mexico game, that was by far the better game to watch.