Did anyone else see what this SVT sold for on eBay?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Frankie Fender, Mar 12, 2005.

1. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    No ampeg logo, though.
  2. They didn't have the logos on back then. They appeared in the mid 70's.
  3. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I was watching that one to see how high it'd go. That's pretty crazy, but you don't see too many of those blue ones in that condition.
  4. I have never seen one like that (69-72) in such beautiful condition. It belongs in a museum. I hope the winner doesn't gig with it.
  5. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    It'll cost another grand to ship continental US!! And maybe more after he pays for the coffin to pack it in!
  6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    bah, peanuts......... :p
    my gp just forked over $4500 for a 1964? vibroverb in cherry condiion with the cover and manual no less.
  7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    A nice new tolex job and abit of chrome polish can do amazing things.
  8. Wow. That's in pretty savage shape, very well maintained.

9. It might be new tolex (probably not though) but once those aluminum face plates corrode, no amount of polish will restore them. The fact that there isn't any rust on the transformers and that the front grill isn't ratty is a sure sign that this was very well taken care of by whoever owned it.

I'm not sure, but I think the panel with the rocker switches has been painted.
  10. drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    It definitely looks like a retolex job. If not, that is THE best ampeg SVT I have seen in that condition!
  11. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I appreciatte the vintage stuff, but the market has gotten crazy. I'm glad my gas doesn't extend to owning vintage pieces, I'd be living in a cardboard box and riding a bike.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Man o man...years ago I used to rehearse in a studio in NYC(Staten Island/Future Star), & BOTH rooms used to have these!!! They were beat to death on the outside but sounded sweet as hell, especially through a Cerwin Vega folded 1x18 & 1x12 + horn cab! DAMN! The good ol' days...

13. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    fair price for this condition ...

Ho, I live in acountry where new a SVT goes for 2500€.
  14. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    What's that on the face of the control panel on the far right? I think it spells A-m-p-e-g.
  15. A new SVT Classic is £1,600 over here . . . thats $3,080.42 going by XE.com

You damned lucky americans :p

so, i could get a mint condition late 60's early 70's ampeg SVT cheaper than a new one that wouldnt sound half as good . . . hmm :crying:
  16. Even better if it had its original 6146 output tubes. Or it may have been built late enough to come stock with 6550's but if it was converted it will put out a little less power.
  17. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Yeah, that would be crazy low over here!
    They cost double new! For a vintage this well preserve, I dare not imagine what they would ask for it...
    And this was an auction, with that being the highest price? People have gone crazy passing that up