1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Did Fender just have a price increase?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by warnergt, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Did Fender recently increase prices? I had a couple Jazz basses
    in my cart at amazon.com and the price jumped up on both.

FenderPriceIncrease.

2. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Price increases are inevitable and imminent the way the treasury and reserve have printed and pumped money into the economy. Everything else is going up -- been to Wal Mart recently -- so why would Fenders be any different?

3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    everything stored in the Shopping Cart on Amazon has increased.

4. $1299 is the normal price of a US jazz. You must have added it when it was on sale and the sale is now over.

5. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    I have noticed that at my local GC the Geddy Lee jazz has gone from $999 to $1059. I usually grab a GL if i'm trying out amps as I own one, so i was a bit surprised to see the price jump a few months ago. However the GL is still 999 on MF, amazon, and even on the GC website, so maybe it's just gone up in metro atlanta :/

6. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek

Mar 15, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works, Honey Badger Pickups
    Amazon is notorious for changing pricing. Look at it once, it's a good price. Look at it again, the price goes up, and so on. I'm convinced they want you to think "better buy it now before it goes up again". It's a phenomenon that several people I know have experienced with Amazon.

7. john grey

john grey

Apr 19, 2011
    Oracle, Arizona
    The American Fender / Amazon issue has been addressed IMO. However, the various items from China may rise in price significantly and many of those items are hidden. The striving for a 20% minimum wage increase has been a topic for discussion in Mainland China for the last several months. New Years may see some (very mild) form of protest. The level of goods we receive from China is SO high that any fluctuation in pricing will have a direct effect on most US markets.