1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Did gas just jump 25 cents from yesterday?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ZanaZulu807, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ZanaZulu807

ZanaZulu807

Aug 6, 2007
    ***?! I'm on the road and last week I was paying about $2.88 a gallon from where it had been steadily dropping since October. During the weekend, it jumped to about $3.00, my brother and I thought the same thing, "******** probably taking advantage of holiday drivers, bunch of pricks". Now today, everywhere I go I'm now seeing $3.25 or more! What in the hell?

2. 4StringShooter

4StringShooter Banned

Jun 26, 2011
    London, Ontario, Canada
    GBX Member #1
    Its 116/litre here. It can jump 8 cents, easy. Long Weekend = Lots of available cash= :ninja::bag::ninja:

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    3.30 to 3.59 overnight here.

4. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    I had to run and pick up my truck from the shop yesterday. On the way there gas was 3.30, but on the way back (not even 10 minutes later) it was 3.14. I kinda laughed.

5. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    If you're traveling it can jump drastically from state to state. Last week I drove from Michigan to Tennessee and saw a twenty cent drop in gas prices. But I also saw a ten cent jump from last weekend to today in the same area. I think the whole thing is a scam.

6. droppedurpocket

droppedurpocket

Nov 11, 2011
    Plano, TX
    Went 2.99 to 3.28 where I'm at.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    $3.19 to $3.39 overnight.

8. Mike 257

Mike 257

Mar 8, 2011
    KCMO
    $2.87 to $3.08 overnight

9. I just moved from California to Georgia. Everything seems like a discount.

10. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    That whole saber rattling from Iran is causing it. :scowl:

11. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Is it strange that I don't even pay attention to it? I'm buying it regardless.

12. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The Federal government let the ethanol subsidy expire. I'm sure that's a major factor in the price increase.

13. Lee H

Lee H

Nov 30, 2011
    Redding CA
    Yeah...I have been following that, and waiting for the price increase...I knew it was coming

14. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    ABSOLUTELY, and unfortunately the price is only starting to climb.

15. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Sweet, hopefully they remove the ethanol.

16. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    I don't think they've even done anything yet, so this increase is based almost completely on speculation. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

17. CDweller

CDweller Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    There are over 9,000 US troops deploying to Israel for Austere Challenge 12, the largest US/Israeli training excercise in history. The troops are slated to remain in Israel until the end of 2012. Iran has announced another round of naval excercises on the Straits of Hormuz, as well as training excercises along the Afghanistan border.

Anybody remember a training exercise not too far from Israel back in the early 90's- Operation Desert Shield- a training excercise....

Anybody notice that economic sanctions on Iran (second largest supplier of oil to Europe) were included in the NDAA, an act signed into law late in the afternoon of New Year's Eve day in Hawai? Remember that no weapons of mass destruction were present in Iraq, yet that country was invaded. No nuclear weapon devevelopment has been substantiated in Iran, yet that allegation is being promulgated throughout the world to support action against Iran. Study of recent world events indicates that it's dangerous to be a brown person sitting on top of oil and not have a Western (Rothschild) central bank.

These are just observations of world events. It appears to some that a war against Iran is imminent.

Yup, gas is going up.

18. I wish I could ride my motorcycles year round- 85 mpg on my enduro. I hate big oil but unfortunately live somewhere that public transportation is either completely impractical or doesn't get me where I want to go.

19. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Big +1 to this.

20. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Yeah we rescued 13 Iranian Sailors from Somali Pirates, that is an act of war.:rolleyes:

They're probably stoning the Sailors in Iran today for touching infidels.;)

It also couldn't have anything to do with our if it works, is available and efficient, we don't want ito use it energy plan, could it? :rollno: