1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Did Hartke Discontinue the Hartke 7000?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LuckyCondlins, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Why!?

I went on their website and they gots the 2500 the 3500a and the 5500

I own the hartke 3500 and it really is a great amp. It has had some minor issues, but it really sounds great ( mostly, my bass makes the tone anyway)

but I was looking into the 7000 because of the 2 power amps and the ability to put 350 watts into 2 4 ohm cabs, and now it looks like it has bean DiscontinueD!

anyone know why, or am I just not reading this right

Also, if you own it, how do ya like it!? I like the hartke sound anyway.

2. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    I do think it's been discontinued. I've had mine for about 12 or 13 years and it's held up great. I've since moved on to a Genz Benz GBE 1200 but I can't complain about how the Hartke held up through a lot of abuse. Now if we were talking about their crappy 215XL that would be a different story.

3. I love the 3500 I have, it is at LEAST 10 yeras old, and it sounds great.

BUT i don't know how the NEW 3500 sounds....so im a little hesitant to buy the 7000 as they may have done some things to alter the sound.

There MIGHT be one at the local daddys, I can't tell if its a 5500 or not.

The 7000's are NEW though correct? Im just curious as to why they would discontinue the new model... Maybe they just wnere't made like they used to be?

4. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I thought the 7000 was discontinued years ago.

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

The 3000, 4000, 5000 and 7000 have all been discontinued for several years now. Have no fear though, they have a new 1000w (500 x 2 & supposedly bridgeable) amp coming out soon.

LH1000-web.

6. looks nice, but iwant my huge band equalizer!

i wonder how much these bad b0ys will cost.

7. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I would guess one of the reasons these were discontinued (this applies to the 5000 and 7000 models) was the two channel design (originally for bi-amping), which meant that you couldn't use all the power available with just a single cabinet.

Fashions change in bass gear just like anything else. I still have my Hartke 5000 and use it at home with a 115xl, 210xl and 2.5xl cabs. Too heavy for me to be bothered with moving around these days, but pretty good for a home practice rig. :D

8. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
  9. The site didn't give the weight for either the 500 or 1000. Any idea what they will weigh in at?

10. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    You read my post, right? I've had my 7000 for 12-13 years so no, it's definitely not new. As for the power comment someone made, you can run bridged or bi-amp.

11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

I think they fall into the GK amp weights. Aprox. 20lbs+/- area.

RE: The 7000. Yes, I do believe it was bridgeable but I don't think the 5000 was. I could be wrong though. I have only experience with the 3000 and my current 5500 (both monoblock).

12. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I have a HA2000 and my new LH500 seems to weigh about the same.

13. The 5000 & 7000 (which came out in the early '90s) definitely were NOT bridgeable. You could run them biamped, or dual-mono (not the same as bridged). That means the two power amps worked independent of each other, with separate speaker loads, and could not work together, as in bridging. Not a big deal for anyone using two cabs, but a little behind the curve compared to all the other "stereo" amp heads that were out over the period of time the dual Hartkes existed (such as SWR, Eden, Peavey Kilobass, etc.). Those were all mostly bridgeable, which increased their versatility.