1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Did I fry my Cry Baby 105Q? Please help diagnose!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SoulGroove22, Jul 20, 2012.

1. SoulGroove22

SoulGroove22

Apr 4, 2012
    Hey low enders,

I just purchased a Dunlop Cry Baby 105Q Bass Wah Pedal on ebay recently. It did not come with a power supply, so I thought Id try my Boss PSA 120 (9V DC @ 500mA output) on it. Here's what happened:

First, I plugged in the PSA 120 to my Boss NS-2 power input and then daisy chained the power to the 105Q. It did not work, and no other pedals were in the power/signal chain. I got no signal through the 105Q.

Next, I threw out the NS-2, and plugged the PSA 120 adapter directly into the 105Q. It worked great! But, I need to power my other pedals, so that solution isnt very effective.

Finally, I took the 105Q into my local music store and asked for help. They hooked my 105Q up to the Dunlop-specific power adaptor (I believe it was the ECB-03; which is 9V DC @ 200mA output). It stopped working altogether.

So, now I have a 105Q that does not work when using the ECB-03, or the PSA 120 directly or through the daisy chain. All that happens now is Ill get a speaker click when I plug in the PSA to the 105Q, but no signal passes through it. What might be the problem? Is there anything I can do?

2. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    I doubt that you fried it, both those power supplies should be fine. Sounds like the pedal was bad from the start.