Did i get a good deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brohar, Jan 7, 2005.

1. brohar

Dec 29, 2004
    I just bought a Peavey Cirrus 5 string walnut off ebay for $750. Did i get a good deal?

7 piece neck with 4 purpleheart stringers for tone and stability
    neck thru body for solid output and sustain
    35” scale neck
    2 high output humbucker VFL active pickups
    3 band EQ with +/- 10db boost/cut with variable mdrange sweep
    Gold hardware
    Case included
    near mint condition

Now i just have to sell my Warwick Corvette Standard 4.
  2. That's a great deal!
  3. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    i paid $800 for my bubinga 5 and i was happy with the price, so I'd say yes.
  4. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

5. brohar

Dec 29, 2004
    Sweet! I picked up one of these at the store to play around with simply because it was expensive. I had never heard anything about peavey basses before that. Needless to say i was blown away by the sound quality and had to get one.

:hyper: :bassist:
  6. Great basses for the money! If the string spacing had been a bit wider I would have kept her....
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Great bass at a very good price.:cool: Congratulations.
  8. Great deal!!!
    Btw. Post pictures when you get it, it's prerry much manditory :bassist:
  9. brohar

Dec 29, 2004
    I finally got it and it sounds great! heres the pic

Attached Files:

10. BOOM_chucker

BOOM_chucker Guest

Jan 6, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Man - - - That's beautiful. :hyper:
    I'd say you got a great deal.
  11. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Very nice! And a great deal. How much does it weigh?
  12. brohar

Dec 29, 2004
    Im not sure of the exact weight but it doesnt feel very much heavier than my 4 string warwick corvette. I was actually suprised how light it felt considering the wood and size of it.

I practiced with the band last night and the lows are awsome. I wasnt getting the funky highs I needed though but Im sure its just a matter of EQing the amp right for this bad boy.
  13. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I'm kinda' into Cirrus' and know something about their worth these days...

First, the Bubinga one is by far the most common, and is worth the least as a result. Assuming mint condition, 800 is a good deal even for that one. Remember, prices have gone up, so the "new" price is about double that.

Anything else, Walnut, Redwood, even the second most common, Maple, is typically worth even more... especially if they have the maple fingerboard... at least 900, or maybe even 1000 on a good day.

The Tiger Eye is a special case, and is typically worth the most. These can sell for as much as 1300 used.

The bottom line is, 750 for a mint Claro is a great price. You could've paid at least 900 for it and still been treated fairly. Congratulations. :)

EDIT: I'm referring specifically to the 5 string models. 4's are worth a little less, and 6's a little more, of course (tho, like any 6, is a bit of a harder sell).
  14. It sounds like you got a great deal. My old Bubinga Cirrus 4-string sold for almost $700 on eBay.