1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

did i get a good deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rorykins, May 2, 2006.

1. Hey all.
    Im just curious if i got a good deal on this used Musicman Singray? Its black w/ maple neck, two band EQ, and Im thinking around late 80s? ?? Its in great condition, just a few scratches.
    I paid 600 (UK pound sterling) for it, and love it very much, so i dont mind paying the amount i did, stilluse my MIJ Jazz for teaching and jams (until i find a Sterling) but the Stingray is my no#1 now.
    cheers and thanks

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Here in N. America that would be too much to pay for that bass. Regardless, sounds like you got a great bass that you enjoy very much.

3. But it evens out - I'd love to pick up an Overwater, but they're out of sight when you consider the BPS vs. USD ratio.

4. zackattack

zackattack Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    San Francisco
    I would've snapped it right up at that price! In the UK I think thats a pretty good deal, where did you get it from?

5. I got it at a music store that I teach near. it had been there a while so they wanted it out, and I kow them. Im actually from canada, so dont know how much they go for used. I never really liked the music man basses, I tried a friends Stingray and diddnt really like it, but it could have been set up bad.
    has anyone played a musicman bass thru a musicman amp? I have to wait for a year or two before i can try it out on my old my old musicman amp and am always thinking about how they would sound together.
    cheers.

6. terrelli721

terrelli721

Mar 19, 2006
    Indianapolis
    I would agree with the consensus that you got a great deal even with the fact that it will be a bit more expensive where you live. That is a bass that you will keep for a lifetime if you take just basic care of it, and questionably one of the best if not the best production bases out there. Congrats!!!!!!

7. Lowner

Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    I have asked the same question a few times here at TB and someone told me this...it is a good deal if you like it and are happy with your bass,no matter what you may have paid for it.

8. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I have always liked the look of the Stingray. No doubt the quality is top notch.