Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Did I get a good Eden Deal??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SoyBase, Jan 6, 2002.

1. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    So i just picked up a mint Eded 410xlt for $665 delivered off of bassgear.com. Is that a good deal? I figured since they sell for over $800 bucks then I got a good deal. Im playing through a Mesa 400+ and am also hoping that it will be plenty loud with this setup. What do you guys think? My Mesa 1516 cab isnt quite loud enough so Im hoping I'll get more volume and less back pain lugging this thing around.

Thanks
    Tommy

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You didn't get ripped off, but the cops won't be dropping by to pick you up for robbery.

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    5 to 6 for used D410XLT's is about average.

4. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    how about the 2x10 XLT I got for $310 shipped?

5. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    That sounds real cheap. It must be used and it is probably a D210XL not XLT. Or something is wrong with this picture.

I bought a used D210XLT for $450 from Daddy's and then returned it after a week (another story). They also had a D210XL for $380 used but that is a lower wattage. Plus the thing looked like it was in a bunker and it got shelled to death (real bad).

Did you buy it from a private dealer? Or a retail outlet?

BTW the price you paid for the D410XLT is average used price.

6. Here's the deal of a lifetime!

I saw an ad for a WT-400, and two 210XLT's for $900! I couldn't afford (and don't need) that rig, so I just bought the head ($400 - a steal itself if you ask me) but someone is still getting a deal on those cabs at $300 a piece.

Stay Low!

7. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Sounds about right, I saw a used Eden WT-400 for $430+tax last month. The cabs only $300? Got to be from a private party. A kid tried to sell me a bum SWR JR Goliath III (black grill) 2x10 for $150. He never told me the left speaker was blown! Becarful what you buy...;)

8. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    I think this was the person I bought my XLT from (I already have the cab, and I'm pretty sure it's an XLT, it has a tweeter and top and bottom ports. I think the drivers have been replaced but they seem to be edens as well.) Was this deal posted at harmony central about a month ago, by a seller with a Paul Reed Smith email address? I almost bought 2 2x10's and a wt-400 from him for $900, but I was short a few bucks so all I could afford at the time was the one 2x10. Sure it was used, but it was in perfect shape, and it even had one of those silly padded covers that cost $75 new.

9. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    BTW, the deal definitely sounded too good to be true at first. The PRS email address was a big reassurance, since I at least knew where the guy worked.

10. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    speaking of which, I actually saw an ad for 2 4x10XLT's AND a wt-800 for $1000. After I scooped my eyes off the ground and popped them back in their sockets, I decided to be wary of that one.

11. Yep, same guy.

Not that this is his fault, but when I got the amp, UPS had dropped it big time, and the rack it was in was ruined, and one of the rack ears was bent. So I'm making a claim to UPS, hopefully they'll ante up. He didn't insure it for the whole amount, so I may be out a few bucks, but the amp came through it without any damage, so I guess the rack did it's job. But for everyone out there, make sure you specify "fully insured" if you do a deal by mail.

12. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    I don't know... hmm