did i get something good (old fender)?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pil101, May 30, 2003.

1. pil101

Jul 8, 2000
    my parents just got back from an auction and bought me a "fender V.T. bassman 2x15 enclosure." it looks old. after doing some research, i found that a bassman head goes with this. it also explains why there are no input jacks on the enclosure. i assume that the head gets wired to the enclosure? is there a way to install an input jacki for my eden wt400? is this even for bass guitars? has anyone ever played through one? any info would be appreciated. thanks

2. Stoke! That's a good cab. It should have an input jack on the back, unless it's been messed with. You can install one if need be.

It's only good for about 100 Watts, so use caution if you've got some honkin' 500 Watt modern head. You'll blow the speakers quick if you push it too hard.

3. I've got a Bassman 2x15 from the mid 70's. It sounds pretty good, for its age. Usually I ran it with a head that pushed 150 watts into a 4 ohm cab. I have put 250 watts into it, but with the EQ set flat. If yours is older, I would definately agree with throbbinnut that you shouldn't push it with much more than 100 watts.

Now mine sits in the basement gathering dust, the Tolex is ripped to shreds from years of loading and unloading....:bawl: