1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Did I just make up a Metallica song?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jacob M, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Jacob M

Jacob M

Aug 28, 2004
    New York
    This's the third time I've made up something that either sounds like Metallica, or is a Metallica song, and I don't even like Metallica!

Anyway, if you know Metallica (which I don't), could you download this short clip (less than 300kb), and tell me if this is a Metallica song already, if it sounds simmilar to a Metallica song, or if it's something I made up that sounds nothing like Metallica.

Is This A Metallica Song?

Thanks alot,
    Jacob

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Ummmm....if you don't know Metallica, why do you think that your song sounds like Metallica? :ninja:

You wouldn't be trying to induce us to download your song would you?

:D

I bet you can't tab "Higher Ground" by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers! I dare you to! :D

3. Jacob M

Jacob M

Aug 28, 2004
    New York
    Everyone always thinks I'm so malicious and scheming.

I don't know Metallica in the sense that I don't own any of their albums and couldn't name more than 5 of their songs. However, I have heard many Metallica songs, being that I live in a culture where they're popular and have songs on the radio and on TV. So, listening to my composition, it just sounded Metallica-ish, so I thought I'd check to see if it was Metallica, so I didn't end up ripping them off.

If I wanted to pimp my song, I'd have posted the whole song, as opposed to the chorus, and said "Did I just improve on The Beatles?" :D

4. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Mark, being an Australian, doesn't understand what it's like being under the yoke of a popular culture that has Metallica.