Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Did I just make up a Metallica song?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jacob M, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Jacob M

Jacob M

Aug 28, 2004
    New York
    This's the third time I've made up something that either sounds like Metallica, or is a Metallica song, and I don't even like Metallica!

Anyway, if you know Metallica (which I don't), could you download this short clip (less than 300kb), and tell me if this is a Metallica song already, if it sounds simmilar to a Metallica song, or if it's something I made up that sounds nothing like Metallica.

Is This A Metallica Song?

Thanks alot,
    Jacob

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Ummmm....if you don't know Metallica, why do you think that your song sounds like Metallica? :ninja:

You wouldn't be trying to induce us to download your song would you?

:D

I bet you can't tab "Higher Ground" by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers! I dare you to! :D

3. Jacob M

Jacob M

Aug 28, 2004
    New York
    Everyone always thinks I'm so malicious and scheming.

I don't know Metallica in the sense that I don't own any of their albums and couldn't name more than 5 of their songs. However, I have heard many Metallica songs, being that I live in a culture where they're popular and have songs on the radio and on TV. So, listening to my composition, it just sounded Metallica-ish, so I thought I'd check to see if it was Metallica, so I didn't end up ripping them off.

If I wanted to pimp my song, I'd have posted the whole song, as opposed to the chorus, and said "Did I just improve on The Beatles?" :D

4. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Mark, being an Australian, doesn't understand what it's like being under the yoke of a popular culture that has Metallica.