1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

did i make a good choice?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dustklose, May 14, 2006.

1. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    well, my first amp was a peavey minx110....i wanted a stack...not just a lil 35 watt combo. so i purchased my rig of 2 years a peavey max 450 head w/ a peavey tvx210 and a bvx115....well i didnt like it all to well...i'm a peavey guy through and through...but it wasnt cutting it...not much for eq, and not much power either 450watts....so i decided to "downsize but upgrade". i got a .....

ampeg svt-4 pro and an ampeg svt410hlf....

do you think i made a good choice....

2. yeah.

3. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    You'll miss the Minix110's tone. ;)

Good choice.

4. I've never liked Peavey amps, for less money you could pick up a behringer head and get the same tones. That's a good head you got, but I personally would have gone with another cabinet. Ampeg cabs sound too muddy for me.

5. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    so if i was to try and to sell the 410... what could i get for it...its pretty beat up(i bought used...)...but nothing that affects the speakers and electronics....and what should i get?

6. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    do you like the 410?? While behringer does make a good bang for you buck product, I use their pedals, they should not be in the same sentence or topic as peavey and ampeg, I have owned all, and they all do what they do good, but you just need to find something that does what you want to do.

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    I'm selling my peavey max160 head tomorrow along with GK 115. I hav a 2x10 tvx that I blew as well. I found the tone of the peavey very 1 dimensional and bland with no grit or character. I think you've made a good choice going with the ampeg.

8. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    ya when i first tried this ampeg rig out i was like, dam y'd i waste my money on the peavey crap in the first place...but that was also before i ever found out about talkbass...i coulda got a helluva deal on hear right off the bat!...but now i'm broke and i need to save to upgrade my bass(got a peavey foundation)...thinking warwick...