1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DID I MAKE A GOOD DEAL?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rptrsn2, Apr 16, 2010.

1. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Feb 21, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    Endorsing Artist: Aurora Strings
    I have an squire deluxe V,good bass, i was gonna make it fretless as i'vv been wanting one. my main bass is a mia deluxe p so the squire is a 009. back up, anyway i traded even up for this today. sounds awesome ,still have a 5er and cured my fretless gas. don't know what these sll for but i think i made a pretty good deal. agree,disagree? 010. 008.

2. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Are you happier with this bass than the last bass you had? Then you made a good deal. If not, no. It sounds like you are unhappy, and you want us to reassure you that what you traded for is better, so its eases your weary mind.

3. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Exactly. If you have any bass discernment at all how could you not be happy? I mean there you were stuck in a Fender "old school" rut (except for the 5 string part) and were itching to try a few new directions. Fretless. A non-Fender kind of bass. And here one is. Will it speak to you? Only time will tell. Just think of it as a nice bass education.

The point is not whether you keep this bass forever, or it turns you on immeasurably, or you suddenly change your musical styles. The point is that you end up after a time of trying this new direction out in various ways, EDUCATED about just what such a bass will do for you. It doesn't matter if you decide to keep it or not or change your music to match it. What you'll always keep is the KNOWLEDGE of what such a bass can do for you! Nobody can take that from you. Hence the bass is a good deal.

By the way, let me say that turning a Squirer into a fretless is ALSO a major "education" in a whole different way! So that would have been equally valid but totally different lessons. The choice of what you want to learn is up to you.

4. Beginner Bass

Beginner Bass

Jul 8, 2009
    Round Rock, TX
    A&R, Soulless Corporation Records
    Nobody else can decide that for you. Only you know if you are happy with your bass.

5. There's a Traben bass club you can now join on Talkbass. FYI, the Tribal Sun model that you have has been discontinued.

6. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Feb 21, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    Oh i'm happy with it I was more interested in the $ aspect as i have no idea what one of theses sell for. even if i came out on the short side i'm still happy with the trade.

7. rptrsn2

rptrsn2

Feb 21, 2008
    Northeast Missouri
    guess thats why i cant find a price on one anywhere