1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Did I pay too much?? (Squier Content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tmusic101, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Well, I just picked this up from the Bay for $175 2nd day air shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320222798278&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

Did I pay too much for it?

If so, it's not a huge deal cause I know where I can get my money back out of it. I think these sold for about $249 new & if it's in as good a shape as advertised maybe it's worth what I paid for it.

I've played around with one of these at my local guitar store & if I remember right they are pretty light. I really just like fooling around with different basses & I'm a Fender lover, so what the heck.

Anywho, ya'll let me know what you think & your NOT gonna hurt my feelings cause it ain't that big a deal. :D

2. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Nah, new ones used to go for $250. I don't think they even make 5 string Squier Precisions anymore. You saved $75. If it's relatively pristine, you got a fair deal and the seller got a fair price. IMHO, YMMV, other usual disclaimers

3. GC has one identical to this used for $180 + shipping. That makes me feel pretty good about my price. :D

4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Yeah, I think you did well.

Congrats!

5. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    If you like the tone then i'd say you won out. played several of those a while back and they didn't do it for me then, but if it floats your boat then congratulations and welcome to the "I got my bass for a good deal" club.

6. ack

ack Why Can't We All Get Along?

Nov 19, 2006
    Somewhere near Raleigh
    quick question...can someone explain the pickups in that bass? they look like jazz pickups to me.

thanks.

btw, nice find- looks like it's in great shape.

steve

7. These are marketed as Squier Precision Bass "Special".

This will be my first experience with one of these, but as far as I can tell, the J bass pups are what make it a P bass "SPECIAL".

EDIT: Oh & the high mass bridge too!

8. ack

ack Why Can't We All Get Along?

Nov 19, 2006
    Somewhere near Raleigh
    oh, so it's got a precision body, pickguard and neck with jazz pickups.
    very cool.
    hope you love it.