1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Did I screw up, or am I a hero?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Dave Siff, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I was one of the people who said in a previous post that you were definitely in the wrong. However, apologizing is never easy or fun and not everyone would have taken that step and I give you credit for doing that. Nicely done.

:thumbsup:

Queue, rollie 55, 16notes and 2 others like this.
  2. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Westminster, CO
    That's awesome. That shows you're a better man than most, actually.

Wisebass, nixdad, rollie 55 and 4 others like this.
  3. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    +100

rollie 55 likes this.
  4. obimark

obimark

Sep 1, 2011
    Heel.

Loring likes this.
  5. Tim Schnautz

Tim Schnautz

Jan 30, 2000
    Nah, no matter what he'd offer, they'd never be happy.

6. Groovin61

Groovin61

Feb 25, 2013
    Detroit, MI
    Bonus points for tracking the guy down and apologizing.

Winslow and 16notes like this.
  7. vvvmmm

vvvmmm

Dec 6, 2016
    Chi
    BTW, any video of it?

El Güero likes this.
  8. dbsfgyd1

dbsfgyd1

Jun 11, 2012
    Richmond , Va
    Hero? Maybe. To normal folks however, it may have been considered poor form. Glad you guys got it settled.

9. Beersurgeon

Beersurgeon

Jul 16, 2010
    Denver
    Every hero is the enemy of somebody....

10. Good on you for tracking him down and making it right. :thumbsup:

rollie 55, Winslow and 16notes like this.
  11. 16notes

16notes Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Yes!

12. Ross McLochness

Ross McLochness Living Room Bassist Extraordinaire Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Hero. It totally sounds like something Homer Simpson would do to Kirk Van Houten.

rollie 55 and BobKos like this.
  13. Cage

Cage

Oct 1, 2018
    Not a hero, you stole his thunder u should have waited for your turn, no one cares for a ass

rollie 55 and alaskaleftybass like this.
  14. DrThumpenstein

DrThumpenstein Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    None
    Good going. True a$$#013$ really don't care when they offend people and good people do. Obviously, you took to heart some of the comments here and cared enough to do the hard thing. Takes a bigger person to apologize, always. In fact, it happens rarely enough that THAT is what you'll be remembered for, rather than just that other thing.

Well done.

15. As a Rush and prog lover, I'm only posting to represent the Sufferable Prog Fans out there. :D

Joking aside: I'm glad to hear it ended amicably. Props to you for apologizing.

16. Acoop

Acoop

Feb 21, 2012
    I say "if you suck, own up". ...
    Life is short, so, don't go around thinking you're great just because your drunk wife says you are. ... I think you handled it as well as you could, in that moment. ... (I have in the past and will continue to do the same, in the future).
    This is the reason people don't take musicians seriously. ... They think it's a joke and they can do whatever they want and they're paying you so "dance monkey, dance!" ...

But, I will suggest you stop doing this type of gig. ... Now you've met you're "evil twin". ... Maybe the band can take a break from these gigs? ... But, if they need the cash, you bow out and just do the gigs you drive home happy from.
    Life is short, own up!

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  17. To really do it right next year you should sing a duet of Tom Sawyer with that dude.

Followed by a bro-hug.

Queue likes this.
  18. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    Nice! You got right on to the friction of the day...

Winslow likes this.
  19. Acoop

Acoop

Feb 21, 2012
    The guy was a dentist or office worker he wasn't a musician with any talent. Why upstage someone with no talent? ... He's not going to come up to you later and say, "You were so right to remind me I have no talent." ... Have you ever been on stage? ... Have you ever experienced the grap stupid people throw at musicians? ... This guy wasn't paying the band, he was just a dope who thought he could do something he couldn't, on a Saturday night. ... Sunday morning he bitched at his wife for burning breakfast and Monday morning, went to work, and berated his staff for what a crappy Saturday night he had. ... If you suck, you suck, why sugar coat it?

20. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    That's good that you made up with him. But to be really upright I would have met him in person and face to face apologized. You ripped him face to face, apologize face ot face. So this story has a somewhat decent ending.

whero and rollie 55 like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.