1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Did I Stumble on Something Cool? Or am I just dumb?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by thekage, Mar 28, 2009.

1. thekage

thekage

Jan 22, 2008
    Cape Girardeau MO
    So I have this short scale bass that I got off of EBay. It was crap, so I reworked it. New bridge, new jazz bass pickups and new pots, new paint too. I threw some D'Addario Short scales in .100 .080 .065 and .045. It didn't tune right at all. So I tried a couple different tunings and broke the .100. I found .036 Slinky laying around the house, moved all the strings up one space and added the slinky. I thought about open tuning for guitar, EBEG#BE, and tuned it BEG#B. It sounds so melodic compared to bass. I can bar chords straight down the fret and get one scale or play power chords and get a totally different one. :hyper:
    It is somewhere between bass and guitar. I love it!

2. cool, so instead of a bass guitar... its a tenor guitar... or maybe just a 4 string baritone guitar

how does it sound with other instruments?