1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Did my DI box crap out on me??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bongostealth, Mar 28, 2015.

1. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I just received a used EBS Microbass II that I bought off of ebay which was listed as "New - other" "never actually used".

I received it this Thursday and tried it out that night. It work great. Everything on it worked as it should. I put it away and didn't use it until today (two days later). Now, everything is distorted. I hook it up to a 1-spot adapter and I get lights but no signal. I install a new 9v battery, no signal. I hook it up to an 18v adapter and I get a signal but everything is completely distorted. All of the features work but again, everything has a layer of distortion on it.

I get the same thing no matter which bass I use, and I made sure it wasn't my headphones or my cable.

Any ideas as to what it could be?? I'm very disappointed because I absolutely love these EBS Microbass DIs.