1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Did Rush ever play The Fountain of Lamneth live?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rush-2112, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    I've been in a Caress of Steel kick as of late...and have to come to realize that despite popular opinion, this album kicks major arse! I'd put it right up there with 2112, maybe even higher (*dodges rotten fruit*) :bag:

Anyways, does anyone know if the boys have ever played The Fountain of Lamneth live? I've been researching everywhere online...YouTube, old boots, and such but haven't come up with much. So I'm beginning to think maybe they just never played it live. After all, those were some very dark days for them (Down the Tubes tour and all)... :help:

2. Probably not very often if they did. Since they were an opening act back then, and that album sales were poor as compared to FBN, they only had about an hour setlist, so played other stuff. Once 2112 hit, they probably didn't want to play it again.

Can you imagine if they only had an hour setlist now? :D

Just my 2 cents.

3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    They say they don't remember if they did or not.

I would not see much reason to do the whole piece, including the way-too-mellow "Panacea," in a stadium setting.

However, I would think "No One at the Bridge" would be awesome!

4. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    Thanks for the answers! Yeah, No One at the Bridge would be be amazing! So would Bacchus Plateau...heck any of FoL if you ask me. Well I'm seeing them in October, maybe they'll break out some Fountain.

...I can dream, can't I? :crying:

5. I've never seen any videos of them playing it live but it would be awesome if they did play a song or two.

On a side note; nice ending to your username

6. TheEndIsNYE

TheEndIsNYE

Dec 3, 2011

Not that I know of, but here's a link to them playing The Necromancer.

7. That's a great recording!

8. You might be interested in this website. It's pretty much everything Rush, including tourdates, setlists, discography, etc. According to them no Caress of Steel setlist is still known to exist.

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/main/Home.htm

9. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City

Man, what a neat site. Thanks for that!

10. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Caress of Steel is my all time favorite Rush album. The first band I was in did No One At the Bridge. As far as I can ascertain, there are no videos of them doing that song or No One At The Bridge. Sucks too. There are a couple really cool old videos of them doing Bastille Day though.