Did the Jack of Hearts save Lily from the gallows?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Dec 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Yes, and they rode off into the sunset and spent all Big Jim's money

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No, He rode off and joined Darth Handsome's gang and regretted for the rest of his life

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. He tried but failed, every year he visits her grave with carrot boquets

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Yes, and he used Big Jim's money to take singing lessons

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Other (i'm afriad to ask)

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Bob Dylan knows how to tell a story.

2. slobake

He slipped under the gallows and propped up the trap door with a beam from Big Jim's mine. Still dressed as a monk he set the bank on fire while everyone was headed to watch the hanging. During the pandemonium that ensued he grabbed lily and headed for his gang at the river.
    They all road off together. Years later the law caught up with him in small town west of Pecos.

3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Today, he has been rehabilitated, and sells insurance.

slobake likes this.
  4. Sharknose79

Sharknose79 UNPAID greenboy/fEARful endorser

Sep 15, 2011
    South Cackalacky
    I have nothing to disclose at this time.
    Awesome album.

5. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    South Bend, Indiana
    Actually, he left Rosemary to swing on the gallows, and rode off with Lilly (who actually was the one who killed Big Jim with a pen knife) to join his gang. But the law didn't catch up with them in that small town. Lilly caught The Jack making eyes at another woman, and killed him in bed one night - with a pen knife...:wideyed: Lilly ended her days as a Madame in a fancy brothel just outside of Carson City, Nevada. :rolleyes:

slobake likes this.
  6. slobake

His grandson Jack ran with an outlaw bike gang outside of Fresno. Jack once shot a man for serving him tuna noodle casserole. He was sent to Folsom Prison in 1956 and was executed on the electric chair.

Gravedigger Dav likes this.
  7. I cannot vote. The poll question is different from the thread title. Causing me to fumfer and be indecisive...

Slobake is responsible and Darth isn't coming to save him.....

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    slobake likes this.
  8. Sharknose79

Sharknose79 UNPAID greenboy/fEARful endorser

Sep 15, 2011
    South Cackalacky
    I have nothing to disclose at this time.
    ...he didn't EVEN git to see Johnny cash...!

slobake likes this.
  9. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Inactive

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
    Omg i just noticed Im part of the poll. That will teach me for skimming over the options all the time on these things.

He wouldnt regret joining my gang. Aside from a relentless barrage of verbal abuse, I treat my peeps pretty well.

10. I used to question it whenever Mr Bake would recall his wilder days. This acid flashback is proof that he never lies.

slobake likes this.
  11. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    Its a grand tale to be sure, but if you knew the truth it would suck the mystique right out of it thereby negating the grandeur , better not to know in some cases. One of my all time favorite Dylan records, recorded right here in my hometown

slobake likes this.
  12. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Rosemary, Lily, and Jack disappeared with Big Jim's money for a while. Jack took singing lessons, but he never could carry a tune very well. Rosemary, on account of a bit of neck lengthening, had a fantastic singing voice. With her singing voice and the cash, they outfitted a second hand Greyhound Bus and bought a whole lot of sequins. Jack learned to play bass, since he wasn't much of a singer. Lily turned out to be an awesome go-go dancer, and they put together a highly successful traveling show, barnstorming across all parts of the Americas, both North and South. Their drummer was also the mechanic who kept the bus running. The treble end was taken care of by Lily's dancing and playing a series of tuned brake drums, set up a bit like a xylophone. No need for a guitarist or keyboard player. They eventually retired to a remote village in Costa Rica where they are revered as the legends that they are. There are dozens of small children there named after them.

slobake likes this.
  13. slobake

Wait ..... what?

Immigrant likes this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021