1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Did we have a hiccup here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Mar 28, 2013.

1. slobake

slobake resident ... something

It seemed like we were down for a little bit.

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    It was horrible...I actually had to work a little bit!

:p

3. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    "That’d be cool if you lived with a monster. You would never get hiccups!"

- Mitch Hedberg -

4. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    The internet is under attack last couple of days. Major news on all the tech sites.

5. slobake

By monsters? :p

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Monsters with hiccups!

7. Mushroo

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    spammers are a type of monsters I guess :)

8. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Where did you see the reports? My internet connection was acting really strange a couple days ago. My anti-virus shut off and everything. Scared me for a minute, but I just rebooted and everything's seemed fine since.

9. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
  10. Mushroo

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
  11. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I was going through a TalkBass panic attack and withdrawal symptoms for about an hour - The Horror!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. slobake

I know, I know. They suck you in with "C'mon kid the first post is free, whattsamatta you chicken" Before you know it your productivity goes down and your up late wandering abound the house muttering "What is the best bass for metal."
    Your family sets up intevention but it's no use you're hooked. You tell yourself "I'll just read one more post by Tituscrow, but then it's Eric Perry, Matticus, Scorpion, Capnsandwich, Bloodhammer, BassNPlace, BawanaRik, Jmatt, Phalex, you scream "More, More!" as you spiral downward into Talkbass reality like a tawdry P.K. Dick novel.

13. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    Hey bro,
    It's okay. The space elevator is not for real.

14. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    Yeah. You're f***ed. :bag:

Edit: Seriously though: AV doesn't just 'shut off'; especially when your internet is acting 'really strange.' Best be wary.

15. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Yeah, it was weird. It was somehow connected to Adobe Reader. My computer and AV seem to be working fine now, but I keep getting a balloon coming up now telling me Adobe Reader has failed, even though I'm not using it, nor was I using it when that glitch initially happened. My AV just went on meltdown for a second and error messages started popping up about it and Adobe Reader, but not flash. Then I rebooted and it was back to normal. Really weird. I don't know maybe I should take it in to see if there's anything in there I should worry about. Other than the now repeating error balloon, it seems fine. As you can tell, I'm not much of a techie.

16. :bag: