1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Did you ever compared a Powerhouse 210 and a Bergantino HS210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman74, May 5, 2010.

1. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    Did someone here ever had the chance of trying these two cabs?

Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 210
    Bergantino HS210

I'm tired of buying new stuff so i wanna buy the best cab possible for my budget. I'm not sure i should drive 2.5 hours to try the bergantino but if it really worth it, i'll do it.

I tried and like very much the Mesa.

I like low mids, i really hate high mid emphasis in a cab.

Thanks for your help

Francois

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Both of those cabs have strong low mids, a very full sound, and good articulation from top to bottom. They are quite similar in many regards, but the Boogie is a bit bigger sounding, and the Berg is a bit tighter.

Tom.

3. +1 Again. The crossover switching system makes the top end of the Mesa a bit nicer than the HS210 also IMO. Also, I believe you can order the Mesa in 8 or 4ohms, which is cool, especially if you plan to use it as a stand alone with a lower powered head like the Walkabout, for example.

However, with bigger sound comes bigger size and much bigger weight. If size and weight are not an issue, it would be the Mesa by a mile over the HS210 for me.

Edit: Of course, the Bergantino AE410 is 5 pounds lighter and not much bigger than the Mesa 210, and will make any 210 cry momma!

4. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    +10 Definitely agree they both a a great low mid presence. I am more familiar with the Powerhouse 410 not the 210 - regardless, the Mesa has the ability to get growly in the upper mid region. I felt the Berg HS series did not growl so easily up there and the Berg AE series was more suited to growly bass lines. I suggest you go for the Mesa since you have already tried it.

5. bassman74

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    i can't afford a bergantino 410.

Since the Mesa 210 looks like at better choice over the HS210, i think my last decision will be to choose between the powerhouse210 and the bergantino HT112ER.

Since i can't try the berg without driving 5 hours back and forth i have to rely on this site. I really like the low end tightness of the mesa. I Also like the tweeter crossover but it's really heavy!!!

mostly for practicing at home and with the band i won't do any shows with this cab without pa support...

6. Gearhead17

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    In this situation, I don't think the Berg cab's are really worth it for you. Stick with Mesa and you will be just fine. FYI - The Berg is not necessarily louder than the Mesa and both of them would serve you well.

7. bassman74

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    It's just that both cabs would suits my needs but one is 40 lbs vs 70 lbs...

70 lbs for a 2x10, that's heavy

But i agree with you that i get more with the mesa for a little less money

8. Gearhead17

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    Yeah, the Mesa cabs are heavy, but I truly feel they are worth it. The 410 Powerhouse is a beast on stage! It's really loud and allows me to drown out bandmates without much effort. I still have not found a lightweight bass cab that out performs the Mesa in tone.

9. bassman74

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    great, i'll get the mesa, thanks again