1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Did you ever get a "flesh wound" while working on your instrument? - Pic Included

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CoffeeLove, Mar 22, 2018.

1. CoffeeLove

CoffeeLove Supporting Member

Well, I have had performing injuries, but this is my first "string change" flesh wound. I was taking the old strings off my Martin acoustic guitar and the high E string went through my finger, and yes, there is an entry and exit point. It was the curled end off the tuner, so after it poked through it was like a fish hook and did not want to come out. Just yanked it out, probably a bad idea, o well.

Of course, pic included, after I mostly stopped the bleeding:thumbsup:

Peace 20180322_172922.

2. toomanyslurpees

toomanyslurpees

Jan 21, 2009
    Impressive! I’ve had enough entry wounds but never a separate exit wound! I did learn why people think it’s a good idea to add that grounded power cable to old tube amps while A\Bing one that had it and one that didn’t... nothing that looked good on camera though...

CoffeeLove likes this.
  3. Johnny21

Johnny21

Mar 19, 2018
    NJ
    Those happened to me a few times. I always nip strings as close as I can on guitars and push them up with a metal coin.

CoffeeLove likes this.