Did you ever hear of Serbian Blues Guitarist Ana Popovic?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Richland123, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Did you ever hear of Serbian Blues Guitarist Ana Popovic?

Badwater, Oddly and jerry like this.
  2. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have some of her work, she is a pretty diverse player and always has a smoking rhythm section on her albums.

3. el jeffe bass

el jeffe bass

Nov 22, 2013
    New Mexico
    She is a good blues guitarist and has a very good stage presence.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Samantha Fish (USA) is another Blues player with chops & nice stage presence.

jerry likes this.
  5. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

HA! Its funny that you bring her up because I have seen her show a couple of times at local blues festivals over the years. The first time I saw her was around 2009, and I had just joined a blues band and had really no concept of playing blues basslines. Well her bass player at the time (not sure if it was this guy in the video or not) was rocking a EBMM Stingray5 exactly like the one I owned at the time...and I payed very close attention to his playing and recorded a few of their songs with my phone....BAM! Two weeks later I was walking all over the neck and bluesing it up with the rest of the local blues bassists.

6. Badwater

Badwater

Jan 12, 2017
    Yes, I follow the blues where ever it takes me. She is good, much like Samantha Fish. They are the new Susan Tedeschi.

7. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Also Danielle Nicole Schnebelen from Trampled Under Foot and now solo, she is a badass!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022