1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

did you ever notice

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mike phillips, Oct 31, 2006.

1. did you ever notice that since recess was done away with at schools kids now need to take ridlin? i reckon its easier to drug them up than to watch them run around burnin up excess energy.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    We have recess at my school. They get 30 minutes a day and then they have PE too. :meh:

Good point though, Andy Rooney. :spit:

bc

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Recess is still a part of the schools around here too.

-Mike

4. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    Yeah, we still have recess at schools around here, as well.

5. maybe this is a s.c. thing.

6. I've never heard of recess being done away with around here, either.

7. I never had a recess in elementary except for maybe once a week at best. PE was a daily thing though, and we did a lot of physical activity there (for little kids, that is)

8. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I have no facts on this, but I've heard that in other states/countries, kids are allowed more time between classes to free their pent up energy. Supposedly, this helps with ADD. At my high school we had only four minutes to get from one class to the next. If you had to ask a question or do something on the way to a class, you were **** out of luck. If it hasn't been studied already, someone should find out if adding more breaks will help the students.

9. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    When I was growing up, up until 4th grade or so we had 2 recesses per day. I don't think they'd get rid of it all together, because kids need some physical activity. Sometimes between that and PE that's all they get.

10. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    ridlin? hahahahahahaha!....dope.

11. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    i've noticed this too. in every school i've ever been in, i've never had recess. just PE in which all we did was run- either laps or the game where you pick up blocks and put them in a can while running- and so many kids in my school now either have ADD or are extremely physical (wrestling move imitations, etc); and my school's a private school too, so you can imagine how well that goes with the admin (lol:rolleyes:). in fact, in my school, after 10th grade we don't even have to take PE (so far it's good for me at least). then they complain why we talk so much in our last period.:mad:

12. RareBear

RareBear

Oct 30, 2006
    It's ritalin and it's the business of the individual, their family and their doctors. Medicine makes all the difference to some kids and it's not a cheat.

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I had recess every day growing up, and trust me, some of those kids could have used Ritalin.