1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Did you ever see the tree that eventually your bass was built out of ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 29, 2008.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Did you ever see the tree that eventually your bass was built out of ?

2. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    well, no but I have owned a Wishbass... does that sorta count, being that it looked like a tree branch?

3. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    no, but I saw a nice piece of ash that I eventually got to slap :D

.........once it was built into the body of a p-bass.

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Nope, but one of my basses is made out of graphite anyway...though it will be sold tomorrow!

5. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    Well...yes and no. I had a LARGE (50+ Year Old) Black Walnut Tree in my backyard taken down...and The guy that took the pieces said he was gonna build me a body (Stingray) out of it...so Yes I saw the tree...but I am yet to see the bass...

Can't wait though!!!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::D:D:D

6. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    We once had a couple of big larch trees on our grounds felled and cut into planks that were stored in the barn. About five years later I gave some pieces to a luthier friend who was interested in making something out of them. In the event, he built a guitar... :meh: I saw a photo of it, but never tried it out.

7. Jjango

Jjango

Nov 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    [​IMG]

8. elgranluis

elgranluis

Feb 14, 2003
    El paso, TX
    I can't remember the fellow's name, but the guy who made the original ATK's for Ibanez (yes, they were us made, by a renown luthier) would build your bass, and send you pictures of the guys chopping down the tree, cutting the wood, and pictures off all the process till your bass was done.

9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    That guy who ordered the "Decade" bass from Bebensee could've watched the tree grow if he asked.