did you ever think about ending your life?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stanley Design, May 12, 2003.

1. ......i dont know what to say right now, sorry if i shouldnt be talking on this site about this, ive just....... i need somebody to talk to right now, its 12:30am and i cant phone my girlfriend, and i really wish i could and would, i dont know why i wont, maybe i feel like i shouldnt because......i dont know, gah! im rambling again i always do this im sorry dudes, i need help, i dont know what to do right now im really confused and really depressed i guess. i know i should be smarter then this, i know im being stupid, but i just cant, im just way too stressed out and need someone to help me along, sorry guys, maybe you can all just deam this a vent thread or something:(
  2. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    most people think about it....but remember: life will get better eventually, so keep plugging away at it, and keep your spirits up, with music, or something.

I'm sure the TB population will listen to you and help you out if need be.

and....what's bothering you? I'm sure more people can help if there is something to work with.
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah...when I was a young teen I thought about that. I'm sure glad I didn't though! Life has really been great. I know you probably don't want to hear this now but you're going through a tumultuous time in life right now and believe me when I say that there are PLENTY of people who feel very similar to you. Strangely enough a lot of it could have to do with the fact that your brain is still growing. Just keep in mind that these feelings are temporary. Don't do something stupid now based on your feelings.

Why do you feel like that? Can you put your finger on something that is making you feel depressed or did you just start feeling that way for no reason? Have you shared with your parents that you feel this way? You may need to visit a doctor...or maybe just start with your school counselor. If you're feeling depressed often then please share those feelings with some adult that can do something to help you. Help might come a lot easier than you think.

You're welcome to PM me if there's something specific you want to talk about.

brad cook
  4. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    dude every one has thought about it, its ok

i think about it alot i know its stupid to but i lost my last girlfreind not to long ago and thos things always dangal me over the edge:(

but the guy before was right we need to know what going on before we can help :)
  5. Ive thought about it and tried. But my attempt was an utter failure (thank god) and now I have an all new out-look on life. I hope you get through your relationship problems (atleast I think thats what he was talking about) and be happy again. Peace
  6. im just.....its such a long story.....so much stress, my girlfriends problems, and i just feel like im a really bad boyfriend, i always say stupid things at the wrong time, im always rambling, and anytime me and her have a discussion i always end up so that i have to explain it for hours like im all high and mighty or something because i feel she doesnt understand and it always turns out with her feeling bad and me ending it with the end of a huge speach that just makes my oppinion fored onto her, i feel like im manipulative and abusive and ignorant and controlling and so much more because of all this, she doesnt need it, and she wont get mad at me, and she wont yell, she just feels bad and i cant take it. i guess im proned to depression, it runs in my family and i was extremly dangerously in the middle of killing myself this time last year (long plan that took up my summer and part of this year but i came out of it with her) and i know im being stupid i just need her to be here with me right now, and im scared to phone. just.........*shakes head* i dont know guys, i hate being stupid, and i know that what im being....
  7. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    dude i dont know how this is going to sound so just bare with me ok

dude you said it your self

can you see what that means she cares for you and want to be there for you

just (not to upset you but) but think before you say something and these thing wont happen, i know it was hard for me but it was worth the time and effert trust me good luckman:)
  8. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Ok Todd, here goes:

Your ramble. So do I, no big deal. I'm severely long winded (going to try to cut that down), and I too explain things very thoroughly to my girl. I've been where you are, except my girl didn't have the problems, I did. But it's cool now, everything has 180ed, and life is full.

Now, here's my secret...

I will not say this is THE absolute truth, but it is MY absolute truth. It is wrong for one to take one's own life; it is theft. Imagine, you didn't choose to be born at a certain time, with certain features, characteristics, etc. You were made. Your parents and God put a lot of work into you (kinda makes ya smile and shudder at the same time ;)). But seriously, I've never been happier than when I give all I can, to anyone that will accept.

There is a fullness there that I have not matched elsewhere. Do all you can for your girl, no matter how it happens. Saying dumb things is great! I do it all the time, and people laugh. You've got to have the heart though. If you have the gonads to come to us for help, you're not a stoic, and you know all about emotion. Emotion is tough, do not let it control you, it doesn't have the right.

I'll stop there. If none of this so far helped you, there's no reason to continue and waste your time. If it did help, PM, IM, or email me, I'll be more than happy to help you out. You'd be surprised who will be there to help you out of such a funk...for me it was a buddy in FL and another friend in NY whom I met in Europe.
  9. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    i know that sounded bad im sorry :bag: but i ment that in the nicess way:bag:
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Shut up and go to bed.
  11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

I was gonna say that... but didn't want to piss him off.
  12. i think munji had the best advice, i know its wrong to take my life, its always a thought though, and i just wish i could phone her right now, ide go to bed but i cant, been a few days, im an insomniac at times, but ill try, thanks everybody, i guess.......i dont know, i just hate being the person everybody gets sick of because im beong my own person, and i dont like making my girlfriend sad
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I went through a severe depression at one point and thought about killing myself on an almost daily basis... I still do occasionally. Everytime I came up with the same response in my head, I'd be a ****ing coward. I'd be abandoning everyone who cared about me. The pain I was going through, it wasn't worth giving up to place upon my parents, family, friends and girlfriend. They would be destroyed. So if you want, kill yourself, but I will have no pity for you and write you off as a coward.
  14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

in short, it's a waste of time.
  15. One of the easiest ways of thinking about things is that if you're at the lowest of lows, you technically can't get any worse! If you can fight through the bad times and be strong, you'll truly understand and appreciate the good things in life. It is far better to know the lows than to never have experienced them. Its a different thing to allow yourself to dwell in them.

I doubt that there is a teenager out there who hasn't been depressed or had problems. One of my friends killed themself about a month ago. I know personally how it hurts everyone around them. After going to her funeral and hearing the desperate cries from her mother, "this is not right, this is just not right", I think that any thoughts like those I've ever had are well and truly gone. If you ever honestly think about killing yourself, go to a teen suicide funeral. That may seem disrespectful, but I'm very sure that the person's parents will more than likely be supportive if it makes you reconsider. No parent wants other parents to have to go through such a thing.

Lack of REM sleep has proven to increase depression, so perhaps the sleep option is also a smart one.

16. Yeah. Hell, I'm sure we've all considered suicide at one point or another.
  17. werd WR.

Dude, you really have no right to kill yourself. Now c'mon, look at what you've got! You've got TB (biggest reason EVAR!!:p), a loving girlfriend, bass/music, and friends.

Is it really worth wasting their time, and hurting them like that? Hell no!!

I am aware that depression is somethign that needs to be combed through, and how you are living has a major part of what is wrong with you, but stay strong. Listen to music, enjoy what you're hearing! It's amazing, the power of music, when you're listening to your favourite song, how can that not cheer you up? To you it'll be something beautyful, you're gunna throw that away?

Challenge yourself. Run longer and faster than you ever have. Clear your head man, get focused on something else. I know it's hard, but it's something you've got to be able to cope with and find a way to get around the problems and obsticles you face!
    You've got it made, young man. I remember one of your posts a while back? You'd been playing for a year and you were loving every minute of life + bass, and your practising was going great, why not be like that? What's the point in being sad, when you can be happy, rocking out! The joy of living is amazing, man. Live it! Wouldn't you like to see how your life turns out? I would rather see mine out, I know that now for sure! 3 times I tried to kill myself, luckily, none of them came through, and man I have shared some amazing times! it's not all been uphill since, but the good outwieghs the bad by 100%! The bad strings are your bridges to the next island of happyness... Work it out. Nothing is worth killing yourself over * (depression, imo).

Rock on man & I hope you're feeling better.

The above is for everyone who ain't feeling good on TB. Life ain't so bad, guys & gals!!

18. Word.

Be patient. Your time will come eventually; and no matter how life sucks, just live through it - every cloud has a silver lining.
  19. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Man... I didn't even have a girlfriend when I was 16.
    You lucky little guy.
  20. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I'm sure everyone has thought about suicide.

I've never even got close to seriously considering doing it, though. Even if I did, I can't think how I'd do it...

Contrary to some of what's been said, I don't believe suicide is wrong at all. It's simply a choice. I'm sure there are situations in which death would be preferable to life. However, this, I believe, is really not one of those.

However, perhaps this is not the time for me to get started on my views of what death really means...