Did you go to High school with anyone famous?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PhatBoi5, Oct 21, 2002.

1. I actually know of one pro athlete which is Jason Taylor DE for the Dolphins played for my HS. I think there are a few in college that are going to be good (steve Breaston-Michigan is a lock to be in the NFL) but just arent there yet.

Name drop when ready Gridley
  2. No, but my high school has had famous people, namely Scott Brosious (Yankees MVP) and the Kingsmen, the one-hit-wonder group that came out with "Louie Louie."

Rock on
  3. not really...but i go to school with a few famous people's kids.
    Larry Murphy retired of the Detroit Red Wings, par example. His daughter and I are good friends.
  4. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I did not go to school with anyone famous....but. THis olympic runer..I think his name was Antuan Maybank went to my high school. They were so proud of it they named the street in front of the school after him.
    Ohh wait...I went to school with Chris Rocks sister and cousin. His cousin was pretty cool, use to chill with him all the time.
  5. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Nobody (yet?) from my class (1994), but some famous alumni include:

Rich Gannon, QB for the Oakland Raiders
    Alexander Haig, former general and Secretary of State
    Jim McKay, former ABC sportscaster

Locally famous alumni include Philadelphia City Councilmen Michael Nutter, Brian O'Neill, and Jim Kenney; and PA State Senator Vince Fumo. Probably some others I can't think of right now.

6. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Not high school, but I went to school with Brook Shields Little sister, Christina Sheilds and Bob Marley Jr. I don't have to explain that one do I?:D

Oh yeah, I forgot to ad that I always had thanksgiving with Keels lead guitarist Mark Ferarri. Not sure if any of you heard of that band, but many of you heard of Waynes World 1 & 2. He was the lead guitarist for Tia Carrea's band. He is also the cousin to Jennifer Connley...Woopie for me huh?:D
  7. I was always seen hangin' out with Mike Jewels.

C'mon, y'all know who he is, don't cha? :D

Mike J. :p
  8. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Nope...never heard of him:eek: ;) :p
  9. Mike takes what's left of his ego, pulls his security blanket over his head and gives his favourite Teddy bear an extra big hug, then curls into fetal position.

Mike J. :D
  10. Buddy Holly went to my high school. they have a little plaque over his homeroom and stuff like that.

and D.B. Sweeny went to my highschool up on long island. he's that guy who was in the cutting edge. you know that dumb movie about the figure skaters. i met him one time when our theatre director retired. they had a big reunion after a final perforemance of guys and dolls, all sorts of alumni came back to visit thier retireing highschool director. it was realy a moving experience, the theatre was just packed.

lots of claping:oops:
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    foremer Kansas State quarterback Michael Bishop was in my class of '94 at Willis High School in Willis, TX. One of my high school buddies, Bill Davis, was on a few soap operas.

Also, this guy who was in a Bible Study I was in at Texas A&M is now a Boss Model and artist in NYC. He did some kind of painting on the street or nearby after Sept. 11th and I've heard they're putting it up as a permenant memorial or in a museum or something now. His name's Aaron Hinds.

brad cook
  12. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Conan Obrian was at my high school

13. I've never seen the MTV show, Jackass, but I guess there's a guy named Steve-O or something? Anyway, that guy went to my high school. He was a couple years older than me. Something just wasn't right about that guy from what I remember. He always seemed to be under the influence of something. Apparently he's pretty nutty on the show? Like he stapled his scrotum or something like that?

Kathleen Turner graduated from my high school, but that was way before my day.
  14. DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    ...and his brother Gary;

Howard Jones (the 80's keyboard dude) went to this same school a few years before I got there.

I worked with the girl who, in the movie "Cocktail", was known as "The Girl with the F*ck Me Eyes" - is she still famous if she was not credited? Her name was Cheryl. Yummmm.

15. Busy Phillips went to my high school - she's one of the girls on Dawson's Creek. I know how much you all love that show.
  16. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Bradshaw from the WWE is from Kerens, a little town right by Corsicana. He has a house in Athens (past Kerens) and my old manager at Circuit City in Waco worked at the CC in Tyler (past Athens) and delivered to his house.

We also have a famous country artist named Lefty Frizzell from here. I couldnt tell you a thing about him though.

And we have the "World Famous" Collin Street Bakery. Fruitcakes are our claim to fame :rolleyes:
  17. Alonzo Highsmith (former Miami Dolphins receiver) was a good friend of my little brother at our high school.

Ian Turnbull (retired star Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman) went to my high school, his little sister and I were in many of the same classes.

Brian Greenway (lead guitar, April Wine - well, they're famous up North of the 49th), was in my Grade 8 math class, and we played some of the same gigs when we were starting out.
  18. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Gilby Clark(e) - replaced Izzy Stradlin in Guns and Roses. I'd jammed with him a few times and bought an old Vox head from him...

Tim Green - Sportscaster for Fox... former QB at USC and the Atlanta Falcons, (?... I think. Funny, our high school team was the Falcons)

Amanda Wyss - 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High', 'Nightmare on Elm Street', a bunch of others including numerous guest TV appearances. She was three years ahead of me

Blah... living vicariously through ancient memories of questionable acquaintances...

19. DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Cool! That puts you in Montreal somwhere...?

A buddy of mine (and his band, the Mustards) toured with April Wine several years back. Myles Goodwin produced thier CD. These guys went on to become Zoe and had a tune of thiers featured on "Dawson's Creek". They reformed again as "Lister" and have played in L.A. and NYC on a semi-irregular basis.

20. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Supporting Member

In my senior year of high school, I played in a few basketball games against Jack Nicklaus' son Mike. The Golden Bear made an appearance once or twice to catch Junior's games.

Now that I think about, Jack Nicklaus' kids aren't famous, and we didn't go to the same school anyhow, so this really doesn't apply at all. :rolleyes:

Dirty ball player - threw lots of elbows. :mad: