Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

did you know or am i slow

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stingray, Aug 17, 2000.

1. Stingray

Stingray

May 12, 2000
    did you know that with a certain amount of playing with knobs on your you can get distortion if you didnt respond and ill tell you how then check again.

2. But only amps with a gain control and a master volume right? SOme of those GK and Peavey combos are great for that!

3. JHMAVRO

JHMAVRO

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    This might sound mean and I in no way intend for it to be but....... Why would you WANT distortion?????? (just wondering)

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

"playing with knobs on your you" - hmmmmm.. too much of this can have a bad effect you know. ;) And I tend to agree that any "knob playing" I do, is to avoid distortion at all costs!

You do realise, by the way, that not everybody has the same set-up and the same amount or lack of knobs? The very best hi-fi amps have no knobs at all (or maybe just one), so as not to colour the sound in any way.

5. Player

Player

Dec 27, 1999
    USA Cincinnati, OH
    Playing with knobs on Your you will only get distortion if you didn't respond? :confused:
    Like in music, a pause can be a powerful thing. ;)
    Punctuation: learn it, know it, use it. :D

6. Neobass

Neobass

Aug 12, 2000
    Man, you have to listen to the words he's <i>not</i> saying...