Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Did you see the Ibanez/Bart mix up?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Selta, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Hey, I was just browsing around at basses, looking for a new one (see my other posts) and I was looking at the Ibanez BTB's 'cause I haer they are pretty good. Anywho! I was looking at them and saw that they all (except the 400's) have Bart pickups and Bart 3-band Eq! What do you guys think of that? I love Barts and I think this was a good move, what about you?

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Good basses made even better.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Good. I found a schecter that I'm going to get first, but when I get enough cash I think I'll get one of them...

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I agree. This will but the BTB 500 & 1000 series in the same class as the best stuff in their price ranges.

5. Newsted

Newsted

Jun 24, 2001
    Greece(athens)
    how can you ppl like this stupid basses stupid sound like you put the amp into a lake and heavy grrrr i hate them:)

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Newsted

Have you heard the new Bartolini equipped BTB's? Have you played a BTB at all, through a good amp?

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    No, to both of your questions. I havent played the NEW ones yet, I did play the 2001's though. They were NICE! Compared to what I have (Squire P, Ibanez SR305) it was great. I still gotta get this Schecter though, first. :)

8. Yup, it's a shame they won't be distributed her in the UK, probably ever.

It's forcing me to buy a Spector REX 2000/5...:(

Wait, since when was that a bad thing? :D

Yay for me! :D:D:D

9. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Not for nothing, but even the earlier non-Bart 1005 sounds very nice to me. And if you can find one, they're going cheap because of the new models.

10. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Music123.com and Musicians Friend have them at "not bad" prices, to me anyway. If I had enough $ I'd buy one. I wonder how long they're going to keep up this "deal" (as I'm going to call it) with Bart....

11. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    No one ever said you had to like them.

So, what kind of amp did you play one through?? Just curious.

And I am personally anxious to try out one of the Bart equipped BTBs. I thought that the couple that I have tried out (1005, 505) without the Barts sounded pretty good. Not the best, but add some better pups (the Barts) and I think that that will be one hell of a bass.

What exactly does it sound like when you put the amp in the lake? I have never tried this, I was always afraid of getting electrocuted.:rolleyes:

12. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    I played it through either a Peavey TNT or TKO, can't remember which. Maybe both even. :confused: I dunno. It was great either way:D . I'm going out this weekend probably to try one out Bart equipped and all, just to see how much better it sounds. If you want to know how it turns out, e-mail me (rjsalamon@hotmail.com) and I'll let ya know. Take into effect though, I've only been playin' for three years so I wont be able to answer all quesitons, but most yes. So, That's that. Thanks for all the responses...