1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Didn't go well .....

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by badboy1984, May 7, 2010.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Was gonna take the my German Warwick Corvette to trade for a Geddy Lee Jazz but end up they didn't have it in stock but they will only give me a low price for my warwick too.

I take it i will work round my warwick then, pickup change will help i guess.

Current spec on the warwick is EMG jazz pickup and 2 Band John East preamp.

I'm looking for a low mid aggressive growl that give me alot of attack rather than Hifi treble clank etc.

Whay pickups you guys recommand?

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Sell the warwick outright. Buy the Geddy.

Why potentially ruin the value of the Warwick, or why take a huge beating trading it in?

3. JackANSI

JackANSI

Sep 12, 2006
    PA
    If I'm not mistaken, he's already modded the Warwick...

Its said a million and one times in here... Bartolini.. I personally don't like them, but I can't argue with what has been said about them. "you can always get something you like from barts".

4. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Delano pickup and 3-band pre. Aggressive, awesome, and not Bartolini.

At least keep the bass entirely German.

5. Trading a Warwick for a Geddy would not be in your favor IMO, value wise.

6. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I'm hang fire on my Warwick at the moment unless I can sell it for a good price private. Otherwise a pickup change and add a mid EQ on the John East is another option.

7. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    +1000

8. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    I'd guess Barts or Delanos and a three-band.

9. Grady for a Vette!!??

Keep the wick. It has the low mids thing in spades.

If you dont like the EMG id say Barts or Delano.... if going passive DiMarzio makes a great model J

10. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Look like Delano with big pole piece pickup will do me. I think a pickup change will make a different to me.

When thinking back now i think i really will regret trading it if i did cos the warwick corvette is 10 years old today and i still really like it.

11. Rocky

Rocky Banned

Jul 21, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Buy the Geddy, and keep the Warwick

12. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    When thinking back now, i'm regret and being too dman stupid of myself.

Looking at bass pickup recently and I come across to Delano bass pickup again after many many search. Like I mention before I have EMG J and John East preamp which to some people it sound good and quality. To me the sound is just abit too Hifi and treble clank etc. This got nothing to do with John East preamp because thats what EMG sounds like ....... in fact the John East beef up the EMG tone, which is a good thing to me.

I did have Delano Jazz pickup installed on my Warwick before but I wanted something diferent and bought the EMG and sold the Delano. I really regret now because I'm about to buy the Delano pickup again. I'm still not pull the trigger yet because I see the SGD pickup is same price as the Delano.

13. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Not a pickup issue. You won't get low mids out of a Jazz either.

What you want is an alder P or a poplar Jackson P/J.

14. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    i get a good bite on the warwick but the sound doesn't seem to have more balls into it. Is the high treble from the EMG i think. I got a Fender Classic 60 Jazz and i can get the tone i want out of it, so i think is the EMG pickup. Maybe something other than EMG will help.