Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

didn't know where to post this but can you help me find a teacher???

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by learning_towalk, Oct 18, 2004.

1. there used to be a great instructor in my town, but he has retired. And I'm not really able to travel to nashville once a week...

I live in Cookeville, TN and attend Tennessee Technological University...if you know of any one near by I would appreciate a point in their direction

2. Have you talked with anyone in the music department at Tech? I understand they have both a jazz and classical program. Someone there might take you on as a private student.

What about non-weekly lessons with one of the Nashville folks? You might try 1-2 times per month. I know the bass instructor with Nashville Violins has been willing to work like this in the past.

Ike Harris is another Nashville area instructor who occasionally posts here at TB. You might try sending him a PM and see if you can arrange something.

It may take a while but eventually you can connect with someone who will accomodate your schedule. I can say that based on firsthand experience. I spent about a year and a half looking before I found someone. What I have learned is worth ALL the trouble of searching.

3. thanks...I'll go over to the Music building on wednesday and try to talk to the string instructors to see if any of them would be willing to take on a private student....thanks for the idea