Didn't know where to put this but thought it fit best...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by brandonxurl, Sep 17, 2006.

1. brandonxurl

brandonxurl

Jul 7, 2006
    Canada
    Last night I was listening to some Wooten and I thought to myself wow! I love his tone.

But I can never find a tone I like,I like tones like sheehan so I put two and two together and I thought well...

What if I ran my Jazz Bass stereo and then ran it through my OWN mixer at gigs,plug monitors and a pre amp and two loud speakers?

it would give such a beautiful sound,but money is a big thing.

Can anyone give me some ideas or advice anything or even there thoughts?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

what little time I've spent in the Bassists forum indicates that would be a place to look. A lot of the forum seems to be about bassists and getting their tone.

My guess is guys at this level either have custom pups, they could run any pup through their rig and get similar tone, or both. Mere speculation however.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021