Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Didn't we have a "show your small rig" thread going?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Jun 23, 2003.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I can't find it...

[​IMG]

My new Eden WT-550 and the old pair of Bag End S15-Ds... (and my Azureglo 4001 just hanging around).

2. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    I thought there was a mini rig thread around here somewhere too. No matter time to post :)

Just waiting for the rest of my rack gear to arrive but in the mean time here's something to keep you going.

Ashdown mini 4*8
    Ashdown mini 1*15

Matrix 1k Power amp

Sansamp DI

Nice and simple and plenty loud !
    [​IMG]

3. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Hey HD, I looked for that thread one day and couldn't find it. I think it was called "show us your practice amps". But, mine's a rig, so here goes:
    [​IMG]
    GK 400RB, SWR 1x10T, and GK 210RBH.
    And Christy hangin' around.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    here's my Kern/Peavey/EA rig

[​IMG]

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yup, we did, wonder what happened to it?

then again, my thread on my mini Epifani tower got hijacked into being the new mini rig thread for a while!

dem bastids!

6. eek...I wonder what your big rig is like:)

:oops:

(nice rigs...all of you)

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    So I'm not the only one who missed that thread...

[​IMG]

The small box on top is a Fishman Pro Platinum II--I consider it my secret weapon (the optical compressor is lovely).

8. Here's Mine

9. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I have no idae where the old thread went, mabye it just got old and fell into the archives?

Ah well, keep this one going :D

10. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    Very nice Mr. Rice, I'll pop this up so that peeps can appreciate the deep red:
    [​IMG]

11. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Oddly enough, I can't seem to find it either. Hmmm!

Here is mine.

[​IMG]

12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    What the heck, I'll post this (very nicely edited by Joker, BTW :D ) picture of my Walkabout T-110UL/T-112 Mini Rig of Doom:

[​IMG]

Sadly enough, though, my ill-advised flash angle appears to have been too much for even someone with the considerable photo-editing skills as Joker to completely overcome... ;)

Tom.

13. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    The 'big rig' is sat to the left of that picture just out of shot. Yet more ashdown stuff, 1 *15 and a 4*10 combo. It was the excessive weight of the combo which prompted me to buy the mini cabs. Once the remaining rack gear arrives I'll do a group photo - by which time it will be a bi-amped mini rig. Which may be missing the point somewhat :D

14. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    here is mine
    [​IMG]

15. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    May i ask what kind of EA cab that is. A 2x12 and 2x8? Also, what is that "thing" in between the head and cab? Ive never seen anything like it before. :D

16. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey mr. face guy (=^-^=) how do those mini ashdown cabs sound??? i kno BP did a review on them...

17. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Baby Blue and Avatar CB112. :cool:

18. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    its the older style Euphonic Audio VL series 2x10 cab, before the recent CXL 2x10 series, which has now been phased out in favor of the newer super lightweight NL 2x10 series that'll hit stores in mid summer.

instead of using the internal power from the SWR head, according to his profile, he's using the power amp to drive full power into two VL cabs, one of which is just outta camera shot.

EDIT: oops, thanks for the clarification Rick!

btw, that rig MUST KICK! i can only imagine the punch you get from that clean, muscular, "wrecking ball" EA/SWR tone! :eek: :D

19. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Actually it's a 2x10 with 2x5.25 inch mid drivers. It weighs in at about 75 lbs. I have a second one for bigger gigs

20. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Hi - I'm comparing them with an ashdown 1*15 and an ashdown 4*10 as thats what I have sat alongside them.

The mini 15 is quite suprising - its sound is full with a big bottom end which shakes the room at a lower volume than the big 15. It seems to get a little 'breathless' as you drive it though. The big 15 does get louder than the mini but appears to be not as efficient at lower volumes. (8/10)

The 4*8 is quite middly compared with the 4*10 + horn. It took quite a while tweaking the eq to find a sound I liked with my EUB. There is not as much bottom or top end and it is no where near as loud. But. Its half the weight of the 4*10 and fits on the back seat of my car. (6/10)

I'll get the sound dialled in properly when the proper pre-amp arrives as I'll bi-amp them.