Diesel 2x15 is here!!!11one

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FireBug, Oct 21, 2005.

1. FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    After two weeks of waiting it is finally here! I pulled the top off the box and packing peanuts went everywhere. Brought my bass and amp down and wow! This thing says "Out in L.A." Chili Peppers tone! I was surprised at how good the g string sounded without a tweeter in cabinet. Very punchy overall sound. A little lacking in volume, but this isn't the cab. I just need a power amp (that's for sure). The thing is in pretty good condition: a couple of bumps on one side, worn paint on the handles, couple scratches and two tears in the tolex, and is missing the jack plugs. It makes a nasty farty noise from the 1/4 inch jacks in the back. Nothing that 10 bucks and a call to M/B can't fix. Did I mention that this has the two EV speakers? I got it for $405 + shipping. This thing is entirely too sexy for me to keep my pants on.

In other news, starch packing peanuts are fun to eat.
    Just kidding, but they are fun to disolve in water. I spent a half hour cleaning up the mess I made in the living room which was hard because the styrofoam peanuts kept sticking to me.

Northern Sound and Lighting will be getting a call from me very soon about a power amp. I can't wait!
  2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Glad you like the cab. I've been wanting a Diesel 2x15 for quite some time now. They make an excellent stand-alone cab, but I really want to pair mine to one of my Powerhouse Jrs. (2x15)+(1x12)+(4x8) = sheer joy.
  3. FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    That would be a nice rig. I passed on a RR Powerhouse Jr. because I needed something to go with my 4x10. It was very tempting though.
  4. FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    I'll get them soon :D My rig is officially at least one foor taller than I am.

*It seems that the speakers are moving out of time. Now I'm not sure if there's a crossover in there or not, but I am going to do a search on phase related problems. They both move outward, but there is a noticeable difference.
    *Also, when I plug into the bottom or top cab of the 2x15 I have a very full and bally sound from one 15. If I do both speakers through the 4 ohm input there is a very large drop in bass and volume. This is where I notice they are moving out of time.

What do you guys think?
  5. FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    I've determined that the speakers are out of phase and therefore someone has been inside this thing.

The 9v battery test showed that the bottom speaker extended outward while the top went inward. How do I go about correcting this? The search didn't tell me much. It appears that I'll have to break out the soldering iron.

Once again, when I use each speaker separately through one of the 8 ohm inputs they are fine. When I use the 4 ohm input, the bottom speaker moves out and the top one moves in.

Wiring ideas?
  6. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Just reverse the wires on 1 of the speakers.