1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Diesel Dawg - Where can i find one? Anyone selling one?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dalmazian, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Dalmazian

Dalmazian

Jan 7, 2007
    Connecticut
    Ok. So ive been trying to buy the diesel dawg for some time. I tried musiciansfriend because the backorder finally said in stock, and they gave me the run around for 3 days. "Oh its being shipped today." "oh its in our warehouse" "It just got in our warehouse". Anyways..lol i was just wondering if anyone knew where else i could find one of these? I've been trying to get one for so long and can never find them. None on the bay.

2. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
  3. Dalmazian

Dalmazian

Jan 7, 2007
    Connecticut
    yeah i wanted to try the GK store. But they are not accepting credit cards right now. :sigh: and i also just called all those places they all said they had a few in there warehouses but couldnt ship them for a couple days...because they were moving warehouses or something. thanks for trying man.

4. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Ah... sorry about that! It's a bit difficult to find beyond those options, as they don't make too many of them.

Maybe a local store can order it from GK for you?

5. Dalmazian

Dalmazian

Jan 7, 2007
    Connecticut
    Its ok. I am trying guitar center right now. I'm gonna see if they can order me one. Thanks again for trying to help me. Well i just called Woodwind & Brasswind and talked to them, they had some in stock, and he said it should be shipped today. So im crossing my fingers. I would love to have that pedal. lol

6. Dalmazian

Dalmazian

Jan 7, 2007
    Connecticut
    thanks mystic i ordered it from Woodwind & Brasswind and it shipped this afternoon with a delivery date of the 21st. i didnt even know fedex delivered on saturdays. thanks again for the google product link earlier, i never thought of that.

7. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    No problem!

Yeah, FedEx is odd, but in a good way (for me, anyway). They'll do Saturdays, but if I'm not mistaken, they don't do Mondays.

UPS does deliveries Monday through Friday.

8. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    I can't speak for FedEx, but as a UPS airport worker, they do make delivers on Saturdays as well. There are a lot of companies that use this service at an extra charge to ship things that must get out to another office for the weekend. There are times that you get free upgrades to Saturday delivery, such as when something was supposed to be there on Friday. They will upgrade you to Saturday delivery to get it to you a bit late. The only day of the week that UPS is not open is Sunday.

Getting back on topic, Tell us what you think about the Diesel Dawg and maybe post some clips! :D I'm still looking for a good overdrive to replace my Boss ODB-3. GK's pedal was very tempting, but I don't know what sounds it can make. :meh:

9. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    A few months back, someone asked me to record the overdrive channel of my 2001RB, since it's pretty much the same thing!

Remind me to do that this weekend when I come back home to my GK rig! :bassist:

Also... Joe P once posted a video sample of him using the Diesel Dawg. It's somewhere in this forum... somewhere... :meh:

10. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Yeah, I've got a 700RB-II... You're giving me GAS for a 2001RB though :help:

Couldn't find the video through a cursory search, but I'm hoping that someone who remembers where it is will post a link! :D

11. Dalmazian

Dalmazian

Jan 7, 2007
    Connecticut
  12. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
  13. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    The GAS! She hath come again to haunt me! :help:

Excellent comparisons Joe P! Extremely applicable to me since I'm thinking of getting this pedal to replace my ODB-3. :D

14. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Oh; OH! Wait: before you dump the ODB, I'll tell you how to use it to just killer-improve the Dawg!

Put it AFTER the Dawg (Dawg OUT to ODB IN). Then use it as a CLEAN mid-booster - Set the ODB output around 12:00; tones at 7:00, 7:00 (all-the-way down); Blend 7:00 (all CLEAN!); and gain maxed (you'd think it wouldn't make a difference, with the blend on clean, but it does). That's nearly all I use the ODB for anymore - unless I want my 'psycodelic-buzzsaw Trower-tone', in which case you'd put a chorus between them. For 'buzzsaw', I run the ODB controls output=9:15, lows=1:00, highs=11:00, blend=10:00, gain=MAX.

Joe

15. Dalmazian

Dalmazian

Jan 7, 2007
    Connecticut
    Sorry to hear that Joe. Yeah the pedal should be here tomorrow. I cant wait. I've been trying to get one of these for some time now. It was because of the clips you had that made me want one of these. So thank you.

16. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Well: d'jah get it? Did'jah?

How's it sound??

For smoother overdrive I usually set the tones like: lows=1:00, mids=9:30, and edge either 'off' (7:00) or 10:30 (I pretty-much really only have two settings for 'edge'; it's either at 10:30 for 'on', or 7:00 for 'off'). For my passive bass, I find the gain sweet-spot to be around 10:15.

For higher-gain distortion I run'em more like noon-noon or maybe 11:00-1:00

You can get a real 'scooped', Metal-ish kind of tone with the mids way-down, and the bass and edge way-up.

Don't forget to check-out the killer subharmonics on double-stops -- s'pecially with the lows up and mids down. I'm still thinking of getting another one of these, just as a subharmonic synthesizer - running it in parallel with the rest of my processors. Try a one-five, and listen for the clear 'one-octave-below the root' sub - or play a 1-Maj3 double-stop way-up high, and you'll hear a sub that's TWO octaves below the root.

Oh - another thing: If you run the mids all-the-way down, then there's an off-zero spot on my edge control that 'nulls' the highs out. It's around 8:00 or-so on the dial; when you have much gain, and can hear highs or hiss, and - with the mids knob off - you dail the edge control past 'the spot'; the highs go nearly silent at one spot that's just a little-ways off the stop.

Joe

17. Dalmazian

Dalmazian

Jan 7, 2007
    Connecticut
    Yeah i got it! This thing is huge. Was well worth the money i paid for it. I have only tweaked in a few different settings but my band likes the sound of it. I def love this monstrosity, and i am about to go try out the settings you mentioned. You also have me wanting to try out the boss with this thing. LOL. Thanks again. I will post more when I get home.

18. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    I thought I saw it on Bass Central but I can't find it anymore... sorry, man.

19. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    See previous post. He already received it :p

20. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    :ninja:

c-o-n-g-r-a-t-u-l-a-t-i-o-n-s-!

-runsaway-