Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Diff between a thumb bolt and thumb neck through

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Hey, well as it says, is there much tonal diff between a warwick thumb bolt on and a neck through......

hmmmmmm, Recent GAS addition
    [​IMG]
    Bolt on

[​IMG]
    Neck through

Id love to play beside satriani with this...lol
    [​IMG]

2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Heath-
    I find the thumb B/o to be much more punchy and snappy.... great growl on both no question there.

I have opted for the B/O for sound quality and tone alone... but in addition the N/T just didn/t feel right at all.

Best advice I can give is to play as many as you can as they vary in feel, tone, and overall quality.

On another note I don't know if they can custom paint it that pastel color you like...... ;) jk

good luck bro... :bassist:

3. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    IMHO the bolt on is the way to go. I had a thumb bolt-on and loved it. seemed to have more snap then the neck through. I took the stock Picks out and put in barts though. I personally loved the bass with the barts. Happy hunting in the land of Fosters bro.... :p
    Keep the Funk Alive!!!!!

4. Cheers Mate, there is a problem though, the only distributor in aus is in another state, at least a 2 day drive, plus i wanna try a corvette as well, but ill agree in advance on the neck through comment, ive never liked a neck through bass except for an ibanez musician and the doug wimbish signature......

ill just have to live with the natural finish eh? i love that color, MM make a stingray close to it as well :D :hyper:

5. I prefer Tooheys and Corona's :p lol
    i am a rubber funkateer..lol

6. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    The Funk from Down Under!!!! If ya can run the Warwick through an SVT classic. The "growl" is outstanding....
    BTW I hear great things about the Jazzman...just a thought. :D
    Kool and the Gang sound oh so dandy!!!!

7. ive got a peavey mark 3 ATM(ill be getin an external power amp), and i found a peavey 1516 (15"black widow and 2 8") cab, but i do have some gas for some acme cabs and alembic preamp......mmmmmm.....damn there isn't a drool emoticon, we should reccomend that one..lol

Ah, Bootzilla, comin through yo earhole, thankin ya for checkin out my new cd...lol...thats one bass i want but will never have, bootsys spaec bass with the 5 single coils (insert 5 drool emoticons here)

heath

no beer and no bass make heath go sumthing sumthing

8. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Jedi style? sounds o.k... :D Alembic pre amp eh? I have serious GAS over Alembic...are there any dealers downunder?
    Would be intesting to play a Warwick and Alembic side by side.

9. my kubickis getting lonely, this are her future sisters hopefully,

MusicMan Stingray 4
    Alembic Epic 4
    Warwick Thumb 4
    Bootsy's Space Bass 4
    another Kubicki 4
    Alembic Triple Omega 8 String (JpJ Style)
    Modulus Flea Bass 4

Well, thats my lifetime gas, im one step there...lol...id have a room when i move out to be my bass shrine..lol...the only room in the house to have alarms