1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Difference between Ashdown Mag 210 and 115.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by soundcheck, Sep 24, 2008.

1. soundcheck

soundcheck

Sep 23, 2008
    I know this may seem like a stupid question but I'm pretty new to the world of bass.

I know the main difference is one has 2x10 and the other has 1x15 inch speakers but how much is there a difference in sound?

If I brought the 1x15 combo and then bought a 2x10 deep extension cab that would essentially be exactly the same as buying the 2x10 combo and then buying a 1x15 deep cab, right?

I have an opportunity to buy a 1x15 so basically I'm wondering if I should hold out unitl a used 2x10 comes along as I won't be getting an extension cab for a while after..

I play stuff like Less Than Jake, RATM and Biffy Clyro.

Hope this makes sense.
    Adam

2. soundcheck

soundcheck

Sep 23, 2008
    Bump! Quite urgent.

3. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    A 1x15 combo with a 2x10 extension might not sound identical to a 2x10 combo with a 1x15 extension, but you will get a sound close enough to where very few people could tell a difference. Ashdown, even the MAG stuff, is quality gear and you won't be dissapointed however you choose to go.

And, if in the future you decide you want a different arrangement, you can always sell or trade off for new stuff.