Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Difference between Eden WT400 and WT800 amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by grooveguru, Nov 27, 2002.

1. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Does anyone know if there is a difference in the preamp sections between the WT400 and WT800. I have both and they don't sound the same to me. The WT800 doesn't seem as punchy!

2. blackbass

blackbass Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Aurora, CO
  3. odie

odie Supporting Member

4. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I agree that the WT-300/400 are the best sounding amps that Eden makes. I had a WT-800 and it did not sound as good to me.

The compressor circuit is different and must affect the tone.

Chuck

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    My conclusion as well. I sold the 800 but kept the 400.

6. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    This thread ended any GAS that was building for a WT-800. I'll just stay with my WT-400, I love it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

7. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I seem to remember that Eden was coming out with a high powered mono head. Was it 650 watts? I think the idea was to have a head to compete with the Aguilar and SWR 750's.

I think that it would be a great move for Eden to bring out an amp like that bassed on the WT-400 preamp.

Chuck

8. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i think its going to be 600 watts at 2 ohms and its a traveler size head.

personally i still havent ever been able to hear a difference between the smaller and bigger eden heads but i also cant hear the difference in swapping tubes in preamps either so i might not have the most discerning ears. so while my in-brand hearing might be bad at least i can tell a difference between brands;)