Difference between One 2x10 and Two 1x10's???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Feb 17, 2002.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Hey all,

i'm thinking of getting something larger for my gigs. i dont necessarily need a huge 4x10 setup, but was thinking of going with either a 1x12 or a 2x10. i already have a great sounding Eden CXM-110. Should i sell it and get a true 2x10, or should i get another 1x10 to augment it?

what are the advantages or disadvantages of going with either setup??? should i get another 1x10 of the same make or different make for more tonal options?
  2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    aside from the size of the box, more wood, more air inside, different ports, you have to be careful with impedance: two 8 ohm cabs daisy chained together will give you 4 ohms which will burn your head up if its only 8 ohms. check your impedance on the head or your owners manual and see what it says to use. if worse comes to worse check in with tech support at the company...hope this helps. aside from that see what sounds the best don't worry about name brands.
  3. I could be wrong, but if you have the WT-400, if that only has 2 bridged speaker out puts, then you could run another 8 ohm 1x10 and get 400 watts into 2 10's, but I'm not sure how exactly that amplifier is set up...If oyu like the cxm-110, then I'd say get another. They would complement each other real well, it would look good, sound good as we all know eden stuff does. And I have a feeling adding another osund will improve your sound dramatically. You will probably sound alot fuller along wiht getting more volume...

Good luck.