Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

difference between russian and american EHX bassballs

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by p58, Jan 8, 2006.

1. p58

p58

Dec 17, 2005
    Slovakia
    hi guys,
    i have one simple question? what is the difference between russian and US version of EHX bassballs instead of colour and design?
    thx

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Quality. They sound different because they're made of different componenets.

Personally, I very much preferred the American Bassballs, but neither really tickled my fancy entirely.

What kind of bass are you playing?

3. p58

p58

Dec 17, 2005
    Slovakia
    I am using Hohner B bass V that can be passive and active. but I want to sell it and buy Geddy Jazz Bass. I also use Hartke HA3500 + Hartke VX410.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yeah, I found that Bassballs really don't react well to active basses or hot passives. I think the Geddy would be great, but my Stingrays sounded awful through a BB IMO.

5. I don't mean to hijack the thread here - but is this true for all EHX pedals - regardless of whether they're US or Russian made?

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What? Reacting to active basses? No. The Bassballs is the only one I've noticed it with.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, I ditched my bassballs because my primary bass is active. Don't really miss it, I can get the same sound with a cheap autowah and a little distortion. Actually, I think my setup sounds better than a bassballs. :meh: