1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Difference between the Korg DTR-1000 and DTR-2000 rack tuners?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BartmanPDX, Nov 29, 2006.

1. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Just what the title says -- anyone know the difference between the Korg DTR-1000 and DTR-2000 rack mount tuners? According to the Korg website, the 2000 adds additional modes, including a bass mode, but do I really need all those extra bells and whistles? Does the 2000 do a better job of locking on to the root tone?

Thanks for any responses. I'm strongly considering making one of these a part of my Xmas list. :D

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've used the DTR-2000 and found the older DTR-2 easier to use. Tracks better, but it might be in my head. Haven't used the 1000.

However... tuner threads -> misc.

3. I've recently ordered the 1000.
    Was trying to figure out whether I'd need all the extras too but as I'm only playing a 4 string I don't think I do.
    Main benefit seems to be the mic for tuning acoustics.

I'll only need a chromatic tuner so all the extra open string tuning modes aren't really neccessary for me.

I'll let you know what it's like when I get it but it's on order from Musicstore & I'm not sure how speedy they are (especially at this time of year!).

4. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

5. I have a Korg DT-10 Pedal Tuner that is great. It is built with VERY solid steel (like a tank) and it tracks really well and has been quite the road warrior. Korg makes great tuners.