Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Difference between the SVT III and SVT3Pro?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BLU Dragon, May 19, 2002.

1. I've been looking for another amp. Strongly considering Ampeg products. I've seen used "SVT-III's" for salem, and this is, apparently a different product from the current model SVT-3Pro. From what I've been able to gather so far, is the SVTIII merely a rack-mounted version of the current production SVT H head? The power amp section seems to be the same.

Thanks

2. O.K. It occurs to me that there was some incorrect information in the original post that perhaps I should clear up. I have purchased this amp from e-bay and have received it. It is NOT an all solid state unit such as the SVT H (the rack version of which would be the B 2-R.) This amp is, apparently, the predecessor to the modern SVT 3Pro. It is supposed to be about four years old. Seems to have the pre-amp section from the current SVT 2Pro (a trio of 12ax7's) combined with the power amp from the SVT H or the B 2-R. I've used it on one jam session so far and have been favorably impressed with the tone and power. Just wondering if anybody has had some experience with this amplifier. What are your impressions?